Boiled scrambled eggs?? Do you cook eggs this way??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, no - that water was boiling its little heart out. I just think the eggs were too cold for the water. I keep my fridge pretty chilly.

It's like when I went to thaw chicken the other night. It wasn't completely frozen but not thawed enough for me to cook, so I dumped it (in its freezer bag) in some hot - and I do mean hot - water. In about 3 minutes, that water was cold. I had to do that a couple of times.

Oh, no - that water was boiling its little heart out. I just think the eggs were too cold for the water. I keep my fridge pretty chilly.

It's like when I went to thaw chicken the other night. It wasn't completely frozen but not thawed enough for me to cook, so I dumped it (in its freezer bag) in some hot - and I do mean hot - water. In about 3 minutes, that water was cold. I had to do that a couple of times.

Using hot water to defrost food won't help. Just use room temperature water. The water is merely working as a heat sink with the surrounding room temperature. Besides, using hot water can lead to uneven thawing, which can be a food safety issue.

I think you were right about the eggs being too cold when you tried to scramble them. Try it again staring with room temperature eggs.

CD

I love you, Casey, but if I hadn't used hot water, I'd still be waiting for that chicken to thaw! :LOL:

Oh, it was a chicken breast, not a whole chicken.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying all the posts on boiled scrambled eggs... Just confirms my belief that butter in a pan is best for scrambled eggs... :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom