Butterscotch Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forty_caliber

Admiral of the Texas Navy
Moderator Emeritus
Butterscotch Pudding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Gourmet
Yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Accompaniment: lightly sweetened whipped cream

Directions:

Whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a heavy medium saucepan, then whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently, then boil, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla. Pour into a bowl, then cover surface with buttered wax paper and chill until cold, at least 1 1/2 hours.

One of the great things I think about this recipe is that it makes just 4 servings. I have a couple that are so large it would be dangerous for me to have that much Butterscotch Pudding in the house. :ermm:

One of the great things I think about this recipe is that it makes just 4 servings. I have a couple that are so large it would be dangerous for me to have that much Butterscotch Pudding in the house. :ermm:

June, extra pudding makes for really nice trifle...;)

.40, I had a dream that I was swimming the back stroke in Butterscotch Pudding last night...I'm not kidding.:ROFLMAO:

I'm determined to make some today. Again, thanks for the recipe. ;)

.40, I had a dream that I was swimming the back stroke in Butterscotch Pudding last night...I'm not kidding.:ROFLMAO:

I'm determined to make some today. Again, thanks for the recipe. ;)

;) Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I've ever been swimming in pudding...interesting.

My favorite thing about this recipe is that I can buy a small container (1 pint) of heavy cream and get the 1/2 cup that's needed for the recipe and then I have a 1/2 cup leftover to whip for the topping.

;) Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I've ever been swimming in pudding...interesting.

My favorite thing about this recipe is that I can buy a small container (1 pint) of heavy cream and get the 1/2 cup that's needed for the recipe and then I have a 1/2 cup leftover to whip for the topping.

If you're buying a pint of heavy cream, you have 2 cups to play with, not one...

Back
Top Bottom