CHEDDAR PECAN BALL/SPREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
I'm making this tonite to go with some crusty French bread and mushroom barley soup -

[PECAN CHEESE BALL/SPREAD

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
8 oz sharp cheddar, grated
2 tsp grated onion
2 tsp worchestershire
2 tsp finely minced garlic
½ cup finely chopped pecans (plus another ½ cup if you’re making a ball)

Combine cream cheese and cheddar, beat til smooth in a mixer. Beat in onion, worchestershire, and garlic. Stir in ½ cup pecans. Chill two hours. If you’re making the ball, shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the 2nd ½ cup of pecans and chill. Remove from fridge at least 1 hour before serving.

Cheese balls are soooo good and simple to make usually. I can't imagine why a person would pay such a high fare for one at the store, unless they are absolutely crunched for time.

You've hit my favorite combination of pecans with cheddar and this recipe looks fantastic -- thank you Marmalady!!

I am definately going to paste and copy this one. I will make it for the Holidays.
Thanks Marmalady

Made it last night - and I would edit the directions to say definitely do this in the food processor - the mixer just wasn't getting a 'smooth' consistency. Otherwise, it was fantastic!

And of course now I'm spinning off - thinking Swiss and almond - monteray jack and chile - :)

Back
Top Bottom