Cheese & Crackers - Your Personal Favorites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
I think it's a law that once a Cheezits box is opened, the opener must consume the entire contents of the box - preferably in one sitting. This affects all flavors of Cheezits. They are manufactured by Satan.

I know you are right!!!! I love all flavors but, let me tell you....

That Swiss Cheese flavor has me going, and going, and going... :LOL:

CF3LA.jpg

mudbug said:
You are most certainly deprav-, I mean deprived, Alix.

I KNOW! (and you were pretty close the first time mud!)

Thanks for the picture Rainee. I Googled them myself to see what they were. Still never had one.

W don't get them here, either. I think the only US-style cheese biscuit we seem to get is Ritz (I think that's the name!) and one called Tuc (although maybe that one isn't American, I'm not sure) I suppose because we have so many of our own for sale, there isn't the market for foreign imports. I like Jacobs Cream Crackers, Carr's Water Biscuits and my own oatcakes best :mrgreen:

hot pepperjack,colby jack, longhorn, provalone, Baby swiss chesses, then there is cajun roast beef, livercheese, all on Doritos chips or that type of chip.
Take Cottage Cheese and sprinkle a little garlic salt and blend for a nice chip dip. :chef:
Also take velveta and refried beans mix with salsa, This makes a good thick dip after heating or sandwich spread or pull out lettuce and Tomato and shells or wraps and its Mexican night. :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:

I know this might sound a little strange, but I like room temp brie on a salty wheat thin and topped with a little grape jelly. The sweet and salty goes well together.

cream of havarti. I put a mixture of dried herbs in it (lemon dill mix with dried onions ect.) then wrap it into a crouissant and bake until brown. Then spread on a plain cracker.

Garlic and herb cream cheese with salami on plain cracker

Oh, dear, it is a good thing I don't have to choose. I've only met two cheeses I didn't like, and don't know if I've ever met a cracker I didn't. I guess my favorite all-around cheese is gouda, but ..... As for crackers, I like something simple so the cheese flavor really comes through. I, too, love cheese-its, though I've never had the swiss. If I have a baguette that is going stale I slice it thin, rub with a garlic clove, then toast; that is really my favorite "cracker" with cheese. With blue cheese I like some sort of ham or bacon if I'm doing meat with it; with cheddar a good hard salami or pepperoni.

Muenster or sharp cheddar

Prosciutto or Genoa salami

Wheat thins, Ritz or Keebler onion crackers.

But all of these, alas, are not in the current diet plan. ARGH!:angry:

I haven't tried many cheeses or many crackers I didn't like. That could probably be my downfall. I like the new whole wheat Ritz, the sundried tomato Wheat thins, Wheatworth, water crackers, you name it. Probably muenster, colby, gouda mozzarella are my favorites to eat with crackers. I don't like any of those cheese products - velveeta, american, etc. I love the stuff available at Costco during Christmas - cream cheese, gorganzola, hazelnuts and dried cranberries, all made into a spread. I can eat that on ANY cracker. I even make it myself when it isn't available there.

Back
Top Bottom