Cheese Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jgdean, i love cabot's habanero cheddar! but i haven't seen it in the stores for quite a while.

and just for a change, i like to use queso blanco when i'm making chicken parm.

oh, hey jennyema, to add to our cypress grove cheese-a-palooza (btw, WHEN DO WE START!!!), i was out at a fave wine store/bar last night sharing a cheese plate with a friend. they had taken out some humboldt fog about a half hour before we got there, and the cheese lady nicely gave us *that* slice as part of our our cheese plate. mmmm, all runny & perfect! she also put on a dollop each of some super-gourmet honeys we'd been admiring: one lavender, one from sicilly with tiny bits of strawberry in it. HOLY $#*!!! let me just tell you, humboldt fog is even better with a bitty dash of lavender honey atop. wow.

fireweaver said:
let me just tell you, humboldt fog is even better with a bitty dash of lavender honey atop. wow.

You've once again hit a nerve with me! A GOOD nerve!

I love honey and cheese. Though I am more inclined to enjoy honey with a hard, salty cheese like a parmesan, honey pairs nicely with soft cheeses too.
And interesting honeys make it all the better. I brought back a few cool honeys from Europe and am waiting to try them.

YUM!:)

Back
Top Bottom