Classic Omelet Recipe (French way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not US Navy, but my dad is retired USN. And, he makes USN scrambled eggs. You heat the cast-iron skillet, crack the eggs directly in the skillet, and move them around (I use a fork, but on the big griddle, they just kind of shovel them around). No cream or milk added.

The eggs were made that way on Boy Scout camp outs too. The boys did a pretty good job on scrambled eggs. Pancakes on the other hand were a challenge for them. They always ended up with "Oreo pancakes."

No, not chocolate....black on the outside and creamy in the middle! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Not US Navy, but my dad is retired USN. And, he makes USN scrambled eggs. You heat the cast-iron skillet, crack the eggs directly in the skillet, and move them around (I use a fork, but on the big griddle, they just kind of shovel them around). No cream or milk added.

Ok ! This is interesting. No hot sauce added ?

The eggs were made that way on Boy Scout camp outs too. The boys did a pretty good job on scrambled eggs. Pancakes on the other hand were a challenge for them. They always ended up with "Oreo pancakes."

No, not chocolate....black on the outside and creamy in the middle! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Lol That is a funny name for a missed omelet ! "Oreo pancake" ;) I'll keep this one !

I prefer to make my omelets without the browning. On the other hand, SO prefers hers browned.

That reminds me I should clarify something. When I made the video recipe I was thinking about countryside omelet. That's why it has browning and rustic feeling.

So the title of this thread is wrong (sorry) This is no classic french omelet. It is a rustic omelet.

I will try to do one on the very classic way next time. (much harder for me).

Not the way my dad makes them, but in my world, hot sauce is always added to eggs--either on top or when cooking. I keep frozen jalapeno peppers just for eggs. I use the microplane and grate them frozen.

I do love Sriracha sauce ! We don't have Jalapeno in France ? Are they strong ? fruity ?

No jalapenos in France?? Does anyone eat Mexican food in France? Get some jalapeno seeds and grow them; they are very easy to grow and delicious. They've gotta be one of the most versatile peppers ever. I'd say very fruity with widely varying heat levels, sometimes the pepper is super hot and other times it's mild.

No jalapenos in France?? Does anyone eat Mexican food in France? Get some jalapeno seeds and grow them; they are very easy to grow and delicious. They've gotta be one of the most versatile peppers ever. I'd say very fruity with widely varying heat levels, sometimes the pepper is super hot and other times it's mild.

Sorry no Jalapenos indeed :( We don't eat mexican food over here. I think it's just a bit far from our culture (but i would love to taste real mexican food:)

We do have some chili in France (piments oiseaux) but the principle of "hotness" is almost out of the french cuisine. Definitely not like US, or Asia or even Italy where you can enjoy hot food...

Back
Top Bottom