Compound Butter(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you kidding me!?!?! Bacon butter!

What could be better. Combining two fats should be no problem! Mix in a few bacon-friendly herbs or spices and you are set! You could even skip the butter and just make compound bacon fat!

That just sounds so good ... compound bacon fat. Mmm.

Andy M. said:
Not a good idea. Bypasses the taste buds.

True. Maybe there's a bacon compound tasting, like wine tasting? Where you swish it around and spit it out in a bucket? OK, forget that. I wouldn't spit it out...

Heavens to Betsy! Looks like I stirred something up.

But, seriously, there are so many uses for bacon drippings. I'm never without a quantity in the refrigerator. With a little creativity, I'll wager someone can come up with a "compound" that includes it.

bacon flavour jelly belly's:cool:!mum used to save the fat from cooking bacon & most things she roasted etc in an earthenware jar in the pantry to fry chips(fries) & roast potatoes in.we mostly ate smoked bacon.roast spuds in smoked bacon fat....mmmmmmmmmmmmm:yum:!

You have every right to post as you please here. It is a forum. To share ideas, recipes, techniques. Not all of us have all day to sit and memorize all posts made on a certain subject by other members.

Munky.

Is that aimed at my comment? All I was saying is how it was a coincidence, nothing more. There was no malcontent there whatsoever. I think you're totally misinterpreting the intent of my post. I was referencing http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f19/making-compound-butter-76300.html#post1152446 that post, and Cerise made this thread quickly after that about compound butters. And I just pointed out the coincidence of us both posting compound butter recipes for tarragon butter.

@Cerise Dank = good or something of high quality, but you'd have to consult Urban Dictionary to find that definition since I don't think its in Websters.

Last edited:
dank: unpleasantly moist or humid; damp and, often, chilly: a dank cellar.

It seems the word was already taken. Maybe the urbans should stick to words like ginormous.

I reckon in a language where a fat chance and a slim chance means the same thing; where the word 'little" is twice as long as "big"; and that uses the overly long word "abbreviation" to indicate a shortened form of a word, there is likely room for one or two more euphemisms. :LOL:

dank = awesome as in " The party was dank!".

Dank has evolved in its alternate meaning from the original usage. Check out the Urban Dictionary for full details.

Wilcommen. Dank schoen.

My vision of dank:

image-4172689834.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom