Crêpes for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my own crépe recipe, used it for years, and it always works well. I don't use it too often because my main optique in our diet is that it should above all healthy within the parameters of our own dietary requirements as advised by the doc. Sounds boring, and I can tell you it darn well is sometimes. So crépes are a luxury for us, but, boy, do we enjoy them when I do them! It seems like all our Christmases have come at once!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Crêpes always feel special to me too even though I'm not under any special diet. It takes some time to make so I can't have some so often. Hope you can enjoy some soon :)

Clochette

Welcome to DC!!!

Crepes are wonderful for a savory meal.
My girl friend, Missus Dear Friend and I go to lunch about every two weeks or so and there's this great little place in town that offers crepes.
I enjoy the Avocado Crepe with a side salad, very filling

View attachment 27988

Thanks Kaneohegirlinaz!!

Looks delicious! Never tried it with avocado. Thanks for the good idea!

Oui, that's it. Merci.

What is the word for it in French?

Parakeet perch/crepe rack doesn't sound appetizing. :chef:

De rien :)

The french for it is "rateau à crêpes". Doesn't sound too appetizing in french either!! I'm glad I didn't know about its name so far and will keep on not calling it that way :LOL:

Oh, that's funny. This reminds me of the animated movie Ratatouille. Have you seen it?

A rateau. Good enough for such a delicious treat. :)

I have! Loved it!

I bet rateau would do it in english...but not on its own in french unfortunaltely. Glad I could help this time :)

We'll be having crepes again for dinner next week, ricotta, smoked moz, spinach, and dry-sautéed criminis with just a bit of sicilian type t-sauce.

Reading over the thread again, I reckon, to use an English term, I'm rather precious about things culinary whenever I have a recipe that I've used for years. Clochette's recipe is good, the mix has the right elasticity so that you can make a filling and roll it up and it doesn't disintegrate before your very eyes even before you put it into the oven having rolled the filling into it. I have several fillings that I use, and they all come out immaculate with Clochette's recipe, and the pancakes don't disintegrate even though there is a fair amount of moisture in the filling. I don't like it for crèpes suzette, but that's not a problem because I have a different recipe for that, and, in the main, I can now make savoury pancakes thanks to your recipe.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom