Difference between yogurt starter and probiotic capsul?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
What is the difference between yogurt starter and probiotic?

A friend of my wonder if she can use a regular probiotic capsule to make yogurt of since she can't get any yogurt without dairy to use as a starter (or dairy free yogurt starter)

If it is non dairy, what is she going to use to make the yogurt? I don't think this is possible, the bacteria need a place to grow and thrive and I don't know what other host would be appropriate.

Sorry kamp.

I make nut yogurt from almond milk with no problems but it is not possible to buy the starter I use (i bought it when I was on holiday in FL)

Then she will need to do a loooot of paper work to prove that this is not medication.. The gouverment is totally hopeless here in norway. They didn't even allow me to get a small dose of grape fruit seed extract in.
I have another friend that try do order a dairy starter. But they had opened the bottle so all the bacteries died before she recived it :(

I'm on SCD diet and make a very good almond yogurt. Look at The Scientific Diet for GI Problems, Autism and Other Conditions there you can find a recipe :)

Back
Top Bottom