Do Any of You Like Drinkable Yogurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
How many of you tried and like this kind of yogurt?:ermm:

For years, I used to eat the kind that requires the use of a spoon. Then one day, I decided to try it. I would get a few containers of it a week.

Over time, I began to like it, and then one day, I decided to try the stuff from Yoplait. Now today, I absolutely LOVE it and I can't seem to get enough of it!! I buy at least 2 dozens or more of the stuff when I shop for groceries!!

I found it to be very tasty and delicious and invigorating!!:chef:

Last edited:
Corey, I keep a supply of both kinds of yogurt on hand. I take the drinkable ones to work with me for a mid morning pick-me-up or if I'm running late to work I have one for breakfast. I love convenience & taste of them.

My favotite drinkable flavors are peach and strawberry-banana. But I love peach the most!!

When I was buying the spoonable yogurt, I also ate nothing but the peach flavor as well.

i had one the other day, and thought it was kinda sweet.

reading the label revealed 56 grams of sugar!!!!

i'd rather have a chocolate bar.

Yes, some of them ARE really sweet.

But I can't really complain, since I'm a Type 2 diabetic because I need the sugar to keep the glucose level stable.

:) We have always had yougurt you can drink its called Kefir you can get it at the health food store I dont know if the stuff they are selling now in grocery stores is the same doesn't sound like it.Kefir is delicious in all kinds of fruit flavors.Its great to sip after a bad bout of stomach flu.

Peach is my favorite also, along with the mixed berry ones. In spoonable yogurt though, I prefer vanilla.

Bucky, come to work with me one day, I need all the sugar I can get...plus it helps keep me sweet!:rolleyes: :LOL: I do agree though that the sugar content is high for such a small amount.

I also like the spoonable vanilla. Can't seem to find it in the drinkable format though.

But Yoplait has been my favorite in both forms, followed by Stoneyfield. Then there's also Frusion by Dannon, I think.

Last edited:
Too much sugar for me to justify it. I have a really sweet tooth, and for different reasons but similar too Corey, have to be careful where sugar is concerned: the more I get the more I want, then the more my body thinks it needs. When I have sugar I want to really need it to make the food work: eg cake, choc, icecream. Yogurt works as yogurt for me. I make a yogurt drink very occasionally though (not too often because of the sugar in the orange juice I use, and the honey!) but it is plain live yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, a banana, and a splash of orange juice all whizzed together...but you have to drink it then and there....no sitting around for that type of mixture!

My nutritionist once told me that when you eat, especially dinner, you can do a tradeoff. Eat a little bit more sugar in your desert or eat a little bit more starch.

This way, you're not getting too much of one thing. Starch turns to sugar in the body anyway.

Last edited:
I guess being from an Indian origin drinkable yogurt is something we grew up with. The ones sold in super markets here are bit too sweet and pungent (full of essences) for me. I like to make my own. Some of the ones I listed below may be weird to many of the readers but is perfectly normal for an Indian household ;)

Here are some concoctions that we make at home

Mango and Yogurt with some sugar
Rose Syrup and Yogurt (the syrup has sugar so have to be careful while adding any sugar)
Plain yogurt, Mint leaves, black pepper, pinch of salt, few tbsps of sugar and pinch of cumin (Sweet and savory, goes really well with a chicken biryani)
Plain yogurt with a pinch of cardamom powder and sugar to your taste along with some milk all blended together
Yogurt blended with sugar and milk and then add grated or finely chopped fruit (you eat with a spoon but it's not thick, it's almost like a smoothie with freshly grated and chopped fruits (fruits that go well are peeled and grated apples, diced oranges and halved grapes)

Oh, the plain yogurt with milk and cardomom sounds delicious, THAT I will be trying, probably tomorrow breakfast thank you!

I feel really well (digestively) when I drink a fair quantity of skimmed milk, I often have it for breakfast: is this inhibiting my weight loss? Where can I find info on this?

eatsOats said:
lulu: the lactose (milk sugar). For fat-loss and digestive reasons.
yogurt (with active bacterias / probiotics) are very good for your digestive system - there have been studies that introducing small amounts of yogurt into your diet may help your body to digest the lactose
And there are lots of studies showing yogurt helps with weight loss

I make sure that I eat yogurt everyday (and read the container to make sure that it contains active bacterial cultures)
I have stopped buying the flavoured yogurts because of all the refined sugars and flavourings, I buy plain (not vanilla) yogurt and add my own fruit to it
I blended a can of peaches (homemade) with some yogurt to make my own fruit added yogurt - yes it is full of sugar but at least I know how much sugar (and not all sugars are used up the same) and what chemicals were added) :) I love this blended yogurt on my cereal in the morning

I have not tried the yogurt drinks but I don't think that I would like drinking something that thick and again I don't like all the sugar

lulu said:
I feel really well (digestively) when I drink a fair quantity of skimmed milk, I often have it for breakfast: is this inhibiting my weight loss? Where can I find info on this?
Low fat dairy is very good for you and some studies show that it can help you shed pounds :)
Some studies say that low fat dairy does not promote weight loss but none that I have found said that low fat dairy would make you gain weight (when consumed in "normal" amounts)
Low-fat dairy enhances weight loss in diabetics

Including Fat-Free Yogurt in Weight Loss Efforts May Trim Tummies Faster

MayoClinic on milk and weight loss

Back
Top Bottom