Egg Creation ~ Do you think this will work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Won't it be hard to remove from the 4-loaf stone pan? Seems like low sides are the way to go.

Chef2337 - welcome to DC. Feel free to edit your posts if you want to add something - just click the edit button in the lower right corner of your post, be sure your cursor is at the end, and add away! :cool:
Chef2337 is a forum newbie. :chef:

My loaf pan is fairly shallow because it's four loaves to one stone. It's the only stone I still love. It's my flats I've screwed up.

I know - which is why she probably doesn't know about the edit button. That's what we do here - help people get around the site and learn how to use it. :cool:

At least here the edit button says EDIT. I've been on other forums where you have to guess and half the time it's the "report" button and not the edit button.

Bacon AND crab. The more I think about that the better it sounds. And if I did individual dishes, I could leave the crab out of the carb queen's dish. (The "carb queen" is my daughter who has to "carb up" twice a week for cross country meets)

No other stone pan huh? I couldn't remember what you had. But I have to agree the bread loaf pan may be too deep and not the right dimensions for quiche. So next best corning ware!

As far as the carb queen is concerned we should all run after eating quiche so she'll be just fine!

I'm Editing to add - Is this how I do it?
Thanks for the Welcome - So Good So Far!

If the Loaf pan is shallow enough it just might make 4 nice quiches'. I would try it. As far as getting them out it could be done.

Last edited:
For the carb queen Callisto - I wonder how a layer of thinly sliced red potatoes (already steamed done) would be on the bottom OR the top of the quiche? Maybe once it sets up layer them and they will brown up a bit?

I like the way you think. Potatoes and Quiche Yummy! Crust~Quiche~Potatoes~Cheese It would add that little surprise element to make it stand out. Definitely let the potatoes bake on top and brown before covering with cheese.

After you Bake this and it's wonderful submit it to Pillsbury ~ I will look for it on the can. don't forget the butter and onion salt to finish it off.

Oh my goodness. The end result was so funny with this. I par cooked the crust and then poured the egg in. Before I could get the bacon or cheese in, the crust dislodged from the bottom and floated to the top. I tried pushing it down with the cheese, but to no avail. I ended up with "upside down quiches" Crust on the top, egg on the bottom. I'll throw up a picture soon.

:LOL: - it still couldn't have been bad! That is too funny! Do you think cooking the crust less would help? I can see the look of horror on your face! :ohmy:

Taste was great, and I was persistent because I still cooked it after the crust started floating, but it was just so funny looking. I think I'll just call it "Callisto's Infamous Upside Down Quiche ~ All the Flavor, none of the look" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom