Egg salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I slice the egg with a knife and finish the job with a fork when I am mixing it up. I like my egg salad just slightly on the chunky side.

Thanks Bob I have been into the lakeland shop in Chester and asked for the "thingy" they did not have it.
This may interest some of youLakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

Bolas, you can order it HERE ~~~ Shipping cost to you may make it cost prohibitive, but you can check it out. ~~~ I've never tried anything like carrots (see picture) but it's perfect for eggs...producing a somewhat course grate for recipes calling for chopped/diced eggs.

Enjoy!

Bolas, you can order it HERE ~~~ Shipping cost to you may make it cost prohibitive, but you can check it out. ~~~ I've never tried anything like carrots (see picture) but it's perfect for eggs...producing a somewhat course grate for recipes calling for chopped/diced eggs.

Enjoy!
Thanks mate I have emailed your link to lakeland, they are always looking for new gadgets, I told them it is the biggest selling egg chopper in the US;)

I've tried but have never filled out an egg salad sandwhich with one egg.

I understand what you are saying.

However, when I am making egg salad sandwiches, I consider whether I am feeding a man (or myself) who's been working hard outdoors all day; or whether I am feeding guests I've invited to tea. The previous parties get the giant sandwiches.

I might add that I love raw vegetables and probably put more into my salad than some cooks do. I will add minced home-made cuke pickles into my recipe, too.

I find that the heavily-loaded sandwiches are hard to eat delicately, and so, for company, something more delicate is in order.

Also to be considered is the size of the slices of bread. When you remove crusts, you can get away with 1 egg per person.

All grist for the mill! (Or should that be meal...):LOL:

Me, when I can find watercress for a reasonable price.

We should see it "in season" soon. Another thing I miss re: MN. It was in the stream behind our house...we usually picked it around Easter if I recall.

Maybe I should try planting some in the bush...it stays pretty wet most of the summer...but the deer would probably eat it all...

My gosh, I cannot believe we are still talking about the simple thing like egg salad. There is more to this threasd than some seriously complicated dishes we have discussed here in the past. Really funny.

My gosh, I cannot believe we are still talking about the simple thing like egg salad. There is more to this threasd than some seriously complicated dishes we have discussed here in the past. Really funny.

My theory on that is that a seriously complicated dish is pretty straight forward in its ingredients and preparation. Whereas a simple dish has a lot of personal changes, regional changes, and just a lot more variations where it can still be called an "egg salad sandwich".
But that's just a theory :wacko:

Boiling the eggs is way too much work. And because you can't see exactly what's going on inside the egg, too unpredictable.

I cook my eggs in about an inch of water in a frying pan, on low-med. heat; put a lid on so the top gets steamed; and check on it once or twice. Always perfect & just how I prefer the eggs, i.e., slightly soft in the center. YUM. :chef:

NO, when I make it for a small group!!!!:wacko:
That is what EVERYONE ELSE is referring to. Personal method, not for a large group!!!!!!!!

No need to shout Patty.:wacko: I don't care if you use a fork. :ROFLMAO:
The OP was asking about Egg Salad for 30 sandwiches....most of us were giving her ideas on easy ways to chop dozens of eggs.

Like some other posters here, I smash my poached eggs with a potato masher. Works fast & works great. With a fork, it would take forever if you have a whole bunch of eggs to do!

Actually, I thought they just asked how many eggs for 30 sandwiches, not how to prepare them, but it has been interesting reading all the different methods. I never would have thought about a box grater.

Back
Top Bottom