Egg salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
egg salad

Thanks for all of y'alls input...none of my friends had a clue...the event I am making these for is an "old-fashioned tea" and I will be cutting the sandwiches into 4 small squares, so i don't really want to go very heavy on the egg salad - they should be "dainty". I like mayo, a squirt of mustard and a bit of pickle relish along with salt & pepper. If anyone wants to dig out their white gloves, spring hats and tea cups, come on over to my church and join in the fun on April 9!

I make my egg salad with Duke's mayonnaise and a bit of Boars Head mustard. Salt and pepper. Unfortuantely, alot of people in this area use Miracle Whip in egg salad. Therefore, I never eat it when I am in a restauarant or at someone's home. But, they love mine. If anyone has never tried Duke's mayo it is made in Virginia but available in southern states and some portions of Midwest. Although there is no sugar in it- it is not a diet product. I buy it when I travel to Florida or guests bring it to me from the south. Makes great chocolate cake, as well.

...If anyone has never tried Duke's mayo it is made in Virginia but available in southern states and some portions of Midwest. Although there is no sugar in it- it is not a diet product. I buy it when I travel to Florida or guests bring it to me from the south. Makes great chocolate cake, as well.

Duke's isn't available around here. I've heard rave reviews from folks who use it. The only mayo I will use is Hellmann's (Best Foods west of the Rockies).

dukes mayo

Duke's isn't available around here. I've heard rave reviews from folks who use it. The only mayo I will use is Hellmann's (Best Foods west of the Rockies).

I use Hellmann's when I run out of Dukes. But, I have alot on hand right now and go to Florida often enough to stock up. For a mayo that contains no sugar, you would not believe the taste and the results. I used to have my suitcase full of Dukes on trips back from Florida. :chef:

I got hungry to make an egg salad sandwich too after reading the replies. I didn't have any B-B-Q potato chips to go with it tho, so I didn't

Tip use a wire mess cake stand sitting on a big bowl and press your hard boiled eggs through it.

That will work....I have a thingy like THIS that will grate eggs in a heart beat..It's fast!!!

Also....Duke's Mayonnaise production plant is still in Greenville South Carolina...The parent company of Dukes is C. F. Sauer with home offices in Richmond Virginia....

Hey Linda, out of curiosity, let us know how many it took.
Maybe we could place bets :LOL:

If I may butt in here. One egg per sandwich is plenty, using the following wonderful recipe:

Chop hard-cooked eggs.

Add some softened butter, chopped onion or scallion, some dry mustard, and/or a bit of finely chopped parsely.

Add salt & pepper.

With this filling, you don't have to spread butter or mayonnaise or anything on your bread.

This is my absolute fave. It is so much nicer than the egg sandwich filling made with mayonnaise.

:chef:

If I may butt in here. One egg per sandwich is plenty, using the following wonderful recipe:

Chop hard-cooked eggs.

Add some softened butter, chopped onion or scallion, some dry mustard, and/or a bit of finely chopped parsely.

Add salt & pepper.

With this filling, you don't have to spread butter or mayonnaise or anything on your bread.

This is my absolute fave. It is so much nicer than the egg sandwich filling made with mayonnaise.

:chef:

Dry mustard and some dried parsley. Noted. Thanks. One egg per sandwich?
To tell you the truth, I'm still trying to replicate the egg salad sammies you get in a liquor store. Shameful I know.

Egg and cress sarnie filling, chop you h/b eggs, mix in loads of cress and a blob of mayo.

Last edited:
Sorry, Caslon, I meant to specify FRESH parsley. Just a bit - less than the onion or scallion. But when I don't have any fresh parsley, I make do with dried. Not quite the same tho.

Eight eggs with additives makes six nicely - filled sandwiches round these parts......

BISTRO STYLE EGG SALAD
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. mayonnaise
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. white pepper
1 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 C. pickle relish
1/4 C. finely chopped celery
8 hard-boiled eggs, diced
With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and mustard
until smooth and completely combined. By hand, stir in relish, celery and eggs. Keep
refrigerated.
Makes filling for about 6 sandwiches.

That will work....I have a thingy like THIS that will grate eggs in a heart beat..It's fast!!!

Also....Duke's Mayonnaise production plant is still in Greenville South Carolina...The parent company of Dukes is C. F. Sauer with home offices in Richmond Virginia....

A fork works just fine for me!

Back
Top Bottom