Eggland's Best eggs worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beats me, I can't afford eggs that expensive!!
Instead, we go down to our local farmers market and buy his organic eggs very fresh and at the same cost as the cheap ones at the grocery store.

They probably do. The question is, do you need to pay the extra price to get omega3 from your eggs.

That's the brand that they sell at Kroger where I live. They have labeled everything in the store "organic." So goes with the eggs. They are the same price as the other stores.

We have one store that sells brown eggs and they are very expensive. Where Kroger's eggs may sell for $1.10 per dozen on an average day, these brown eggs are around $3 or $4 per dozen. Sometimes the brown eggs have a bluish tint to them.

Kroger had their eggs on sale for .25 cents a dozen one year and the shells were not smooth. I bought four dozen (like everybody else in town). The shells were too thick and hard to crack and the contents were small to include the yolks. They went bad within two weeks and did stink! Maybe that was a trial product of omega 3.

While they may have extra Omega 3, I don't think it's worth the price they charge for them. For what they get for them around here, as others have stated, I can get organic/free-range eggs for the same price or less. And I'd rather have that than a bunch of eggs with little stamps on them. Does anyone besides me find those little letters "EB" stamped in red on every single egg weird? Wonder how much that drives the price up.

While they may have extra Omega 3, I don't think it's worth the price they charge for them. For what they get for them around here, as others have stated, I can get organic/free-range eggs for the same price or less. And I'd rather have that than a bunch of eggs with little stamps on them. Does anyone besides me find those little letters "EB" stamped in red on every single egg weird? Wonder how much that drives the price up.

Weird is right. Why don't they just stamp it with a picture of an omega 3 fish?

I get my eggs at Trader Joes and each egg is stamped with the expiration date. Now that's handy! (and they're not expensive)

I only just recently looked at Eggland's eggs in the dairy case. Mainly out of curiosity. I was shocked at the price. Even with the current spike in pedestrian egg prices.

I would definitely not pay the price for the eggs, especially since part of the price (in my opinion) goes to pay for their advertising. I choose to get my Omega 3 from supplements. I can purchase a lot of my supplements for the cost of several dozen Eggland eggs. Just my thoughts.

I buy the store brand of organic / free range / cage free / yadda yadda yadda eggs. I save a buck and a half doing that as opposed to buying Egghead's Best.

I had some eggs from the store that seemed to be be better than others... I'm not sure if they were Egglands or not. I remember one dozen had a small blue stamp on them, but don't remember if they were the better eggs or not either :ermm: this was a while ago. I know I could not tell the difference on several of the "organic" ones.
I don't know if I read it here or the chicken forums, but free range and organic are pretty loose terms. If the chicken gets out 5 minutes a day you could call it free range.... And the only benefit I can see of that is if it gets to vary its diet with bugs and grasses.

That said..... I recommend "growing" your own :LOL: or find someone who does.
In spite of my new phone's lousy camera, look at those yolks, that thick white, mmmmm. Breakfast with fresh eggs :)

Attachments

• eggs and toast.jpg
    eggs and toast.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 286
I don't think they taste "better," just cost more. I'd rather buy my eggs at the Greenmarket, directly from the farmer who gathered them just the day before! Now that's FRESH! and less expensive than those Eggland things.

At Christmastime, my good friend had a dozen of them (Eggland) and the container was certainly more expensive than the eggs. Not my idea of a good value, in any sense. :ermm:

Are we missing a post here?
I got an email notification, but can't find the post by Rachel to reply.....

I did a member search on her (neat feature) and she only made one post, the one that has entered the twilight zone, but it is no longer available. My guess is she's been "Moderated" :ermm:
I suppose if I want to ask her questions about their eggs vs my hens' eggs, I'll have to go to their website, which was still listed 10 minutes ago.
From what I've read, you can add fancy feed to boost Omega 3s, or just feed greens and bugs (animal protein) to boost them. Would have been nice to hear her out :(
Oh well.

I'm going to put my first post here and introduce later. I love rich and flavorful eggs. I buy '4 Grain' cage free brown eggs, produced by Tampa Farms and packaged in the old fashioned gray cardboard. The sizes vary, the colors don't always match and the eggs are always perfect. If I thought I could get better eggs by having my own chickens I would do it. I pay more and they are worth it.

I don't look to eggs for omega 3 any more than I look to orange juice for added calcium. There are better ways to get these things.

I recently bought a dozen Eggland Vegetarian Fed, no antibiotics used, brown eggs ($2.79). The taste is a little better, but I don't think I'll go back to them. They're harder to crack, a thicker shell---does that mean it's more fresh? Not sure. Really I was just looking for something that didn't use antibiotics, but I think I'll try my local co-op next time for organic eggs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom