Eggs with ketchup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
Does anyone else do this?
I this house my sister, my dad and me always have ketchup with scrambled eggs and fried eggs and whatnot, but my mom can't stand it, and doesn't understand how we can eat it with them.
Do you eat ketchup on eggs?

i use ketchup on taylor ham, fried egg, and cheese on a bagel sammiches, and on scrambled eggs.

i like uncle bob's suggestion of hot sauce. gotta remember that for next time. which sauce do you prefer for eggs, mr. (uncle) bob?

I have to agree with Uncle Bob on this one - it's hot sauce on eggs all the way for me (with occasional forays with good hot salsa). I can't stomach ketchup with eggs - for some reason the combination always comes up as too sweet for my taste.

And while my favorite "every day" hot sauce is the "Frank's" brand, I'm always up for trying new brands & enjoy anything that's flavorful as well as hot. Too many specialty brands these days are excruciatingly hot or vinegary without any real fruity "pepper" flavor, if you know what I mean.

I only eat ketchup with my eggs when I am making a layered sandwich. I either use hash browns or toast and top with melted cheese, then add ketchup, then cooked bacon and finally scrambled cheesy eggs.

I love ketchup on my scrambled eggs! A lot of people in my family think it's weird...I am glad I am not the only one out there who likes it!:clap: My grandpa used to cringe everytime I did it but my grandma would stick up for me. I hear that using ketchup on eggs comes from NJ where they originally put stewed tomatoes on them...does anyone know if this is true? :unsure:

I always eat ketchup on scrammbled eggs and egg sandwhiches. Youngest daughter does too. When I put egg on a bagel, I also put cheese, ham, butter,and ranch dressing.

Uncle Bob said:

The 32 Oz. Size........

hmmm, if "one drop does it", then how many drops are there in a 32 oz bottle? that's a lot of "doin' it".

thank you, uncle bob. i'm a big fan of hot sauces, so i'll be on the lookout for it.

Uncle Bob said:

My Favorite Mr BT

The Original! Often imitated, never duplicated!

Uncle Bob, that's our favorite hot sauce too. Kim had never heard of it until we got married, but it didn't take him long to appreciate the taste.

I'm a salsa person. Ketchup is to sweet. Of course, I usually only want salsa on either a breakfast burrito, or an omellete.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom