Fromage Fort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won't describe either of these, but will challenge you to try both. Fontina and Gruyere. Both are phenominal cheeses. And for an Italian change of pace, give Asiago a whirl. It's another very good cheese.

As one silly little bear would say, "Oh bother." Now I'm hungry for some really fine cheese, but am broke, and can't get to Canada tonight anyways :cry: (heavy sigh).

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

OK I finally made this. I used sharp cheddar, smoked gouda, and jarsberg (three cheeses I had lying around). The flavor is great, but my problem is this. The is too crumbly and not creamy and spreadable, especially after being in the fridge overnight. I even used more wine to smooth is out. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it more spreadable? I am planning on bringing this for Xmas dinner.

I though of all those, but I don't eat any of them. If it come to it them I will do that for everyone else and I just won't eat it.

Ohhhh i think I just found out my problem. I forgot to add the butter. i will try adding that in and see if it helps.

GB said:
OK I finally made this. I used sharp cheddar, smoked gouda, and jarsberg (three cheeses I had lying around). The flavor is great, but my problem is this. The is too crumbly and not creamy and spreadable, especially after being in the fridge overnight. .

Are you whirling it in the food processor with some butter?

Whenever I have scraps of good cheese, I freeze them and make a spread. Cheese, garlic or garlic powder, butter and food processor. Perfect every time. Never used wine, but maybe I'll try it some time.

Jenny - I never thought of trying it without wine!

You know how cheese & apples work well together?
Sharp cheddar, monterey jack, butter, apple cider....

does that sound interesting...or am I just weird?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom