Frozen yogurt treats for dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahoymatey2013

Senior Cook
I have been making my own dog treats for two years or more. I didn't like all the garbage they put into the store bought treats so I spoil my kids with fresh treats. Here is one that I make in the summer time & they love these little treats.

I bought cocktail ice cube trays so they are nice & small.

2 cups plain nonfat yogurt

3/4 cup water

1 TBS chicken or beef bouillon granules

Combine everything together & whisk it until it's nice and creamy. Pour into the ice cube tray & use a spatula to fill trays evenly. Freeze & store them in a freezer safe container once they are frozen.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

I read the ingredients on Frosty Paws and after the first time I gave them to my dogs I never bought them again!

What's nice about these treats is how you can make them any size you want.

I choose bite sized treats because my kids get a treat after doing their business

Our granddog is here for visits that usually last at least a week and he and our dog, Harley, really loved Frosty Paws. Baxter even ate the container, but he eats anything plastic. That's a whole other story.

At any rate, today is my normal marketing day and I picked up a 32-ounce container of nonfat yogurt and am going to make a huge bunch of these homemade treats. Baxter hasn't been here since last Wednesday, which means he's due for a visit. Gotta be ready for the "kids."

I have some wonderful granulated/powdered beef soup base that I think I'm going to use instead of the bouillon.

Let the games begin!:LOL::rolleyes:

I make something similar to this except I mix yogurt, applesauce and some chicken boullion. Always a winner at my house.

Sounds like we all spoil the kids and grandkids!!!

They deserve it though

Back
Top Bottom