Garlic on eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone beside me put garlic on their eggs? I think it goes very well with them, especially if you add some miracle whip to the finished egg.

Actually, it's a great combination. Ever heard of aioli? Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise used in Spanish and French cuisine, and is absolutely wonderful. Made with (you guessed it) eggs, garlic, olive oil, and a bit of lemon juice (or white vinegar). I love it on seafood, asparagus, roasted potatoes, or just a baguette.

Actually, it's a great combination. Ever heard of aioli? Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise used in Spanish and French cuisine, and is absolutely wonderful. Made with (you guessed it) eggs, garlic, olive oil, and a bit of lemon juice (or white vinegar). I love it on seafood, asparagus, roasted potatoes, or just a baguette.

I'll have to look into that. Never heard of it before. Sounds delicious!

If you really talk about perfect
match then it is deviled eggs topped with lots of caviar, that's perfect.

I love deviled eggs and I absolutely love caviar, so this is one I have to try!

What type of caviar have you found to be best with the eggs? My favorite caviar is the sake soaked salmon caviar. I could eat my own weight of them! :pig::pig::pig:

well. you can actually make a soup outta of garlic and eggs. they taste super nice!!!
you should mix chopped meat with garlic and eggs. boil some water and put the mix into the water. after the soup is boiled. you can add some salt, some tomatoes and some mushrooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, I've always put it on, ever since I ordered it on a vacation back east. I don't know if the east portion is relevant as far as region goes but I've always used garlic on my eggs.

I LOVE garlic... but eggs are one of the few dishes that I don't add it to. To me, eggs have a delicate flavor that can be easily overpowered by other seasonings and ingredients.

It's all a matter of satisfying your own tastes, though.

No garlic on FRESH eggs here--sometimes fresh tarragon, sometimes jalapeno, but not garlic. My DH who loves garlic on EVERYTHING doesn't put garlic on his FRESH eggs...maybe roasted garlic, but I am one of those people who likes the taste of FRESH eggs with just a bit of S&P.

Last edited:
I LOVE garlic... but eggs are one of the few dishes that I don't add it to. To me, eggs have a delicate flavor that can be easily overpowered by other seasonings and ingredients.

It's all a matter of satisfying your own tastes, though.

I agree that eggs taste great on their own. I have my own flock of chickens and love that the eggs taste so much better than the pale, weak store bought.

We also have ducks and my kids LOVE the duck eggs. Recently I have been eating turkey eggs from the soon to become Thanksgiving birds.I can't believe how delicious a turkey egg (free range birds) tastes. I have 2 left and I keep thinking how I am going to eat them. YUM.

We did have geese for a few years and I ate them like crazy during both my pregnancies. My boys were grown on goose eggs (Fried with grits!!!!! Soft boiled with toast soldiers dipping into the never ending golden lava yolk) inside my belly and now are growing on duck eggs!

Sorry for side tracking but I agree, a simple plain egg is delicious but I wanted to add there are so many different great eggs. :chef:

I feed garlic to my hens!
Just kidding. That's supposed to give eggs a funny taste. If I'm making a sandwich I usually add a little garlic powder to the eggs. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for.

I feed garlic to my hens a lot. I think it is very good for them. Especially during molt season and winter when they are more susceptible to getting sick. The coop ends up smelling like garlic but the taste does NOT transfer to the eggs. :huh: I think that is a bit of an urban legend.

I put whole heads of garlic in the food processor, paper and all and them mix it in with a pot of rice with added yogurt. They LOVE it.

Cooking for chickens!

Garlic is my "go to" number one flavor enhancer in so much of my cooking but I never ever use it in eggs. It just seems wrong. :ermm::LOL:

Miracle Whip? Nevah......on anything.

My kids used to squirt ketchup all over their eggs and I couldn't even watch them eat it.

Agree on the Miracle whip. My 5 year old son loves Franks Hot Sauce on his eggs. I thought hot sauce on eggs was crazy until I tried it. OMG. YUM.

Does anyone beside me put garlic on their eggs? I think it goes very well with them, especially if you add some miracle whip to the finished egg.

Miracle Whip? ABSOLUTELY!

Garlic too! Turns plain eggs into a meal fit for a King.

Miracle Whip on almost anything! I use no other store bought mayo.

(Different strokes for different folks)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom