Garlic on eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mayo vs. MW is just as silly as the gas vs charcoal, etc. ad nauseum.
You can "change" mayo to taste more like MW by adding 1/2 c sugar to room temperature mayo. MW's 4 and 5 ingredients are sugars. The FDA does not allow MW to be mayo because it does not contain the required percentage of oil (fat). Initially, MW was introduced as the "poor man's" version of mayo. And, when making homemade mayo, you can pasturize the egg yolks in the microwave.

You can "change" mayo to taste more like MW by adding 1/2 c sugar to room temperature mayo. MW's 4 and 5 ingredients are sugars. The FDA does not allow MW to be mayo because it does not contain the required percentage of oil (fat). Initially, MW was introduced as the "poor man's" version of mayo. And, when making homemade mayo, you can pasturize the egg yolks in the microwave.

Or, you can just buy it. Actually folks, I was kidding with the MW vs Mayo thing. I prefer the taste of MW. No big deal. I'm not going to try to convert someone who cares for Mayo instead.

I like MW. It's what I buy and what I use. "Changing Mayo" to MW seems like trying to change pork to beef. If you prefer beef, then buy and eat beef. Why would anyone want to "change" one product to another when both are sold?

Garlic on Eggs?

I love garlic on eggs! I saute' 2 minced garlic cloves in butter and olive oil, once the garlic is just barely a golden color, I pour in my salt and peppered eggs into the pan. I add about a tablespoon of cream cheese, scramble the eggs and yum! This makes me a happy girl :)

I too like garlic with my scrambled eggs...but I have not yet discovered a way that I don't like eggs...especially FRESH (oops) eggs that are still warm when I crack them to make my breakfast. Doesn't matter, if I'm having eggs for breakfast, I gather the eggs a little earlier so I can use two that are still warm to the touch when I crack them. Can't get much fresher than that!

When I thought about it, I HAVE used garlic in quiches and frittattas.

My husband loves aioli on his eggs. How's that for the mayo/MW and Garlic question in one sentence. He really does. I tried to make hollandaise once and he really prefers the aioli I buy in small jars at my gourmet store. He loves it on poached eggs and on the hard boiled eggs in a salad nicoise. The brand I buy is called "Life in Provence", it is imported from France, and it is very garlicky, so a little goes a long way (how I justify the price!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom