How do like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Scotch Eggs I don't think they are common in the US?

I used to make these when I was in college. So very yummy and not hard to make. I wish I could remember where I first heard of them, but well...it was college. :LOL:

Today, Frank made poached eggs on lightly smoked fish on English muffins slathered in hollandaise sauce.

I love eggs if the yolk is runny but the white must be completely cooked.

Scrambled with TONS of veggies or an omelet. Again with tons of veggies. Oh and lots of hot sauce.

If we want something like Egg McMuffins, we cook the eggs in ramekins in the microwave. Mine are just the right size. We have learned to always use the microwave spatter guard when cooking eggs. :ermm: :LOL:

Ramekins are on my shortlist of things to get. I want to try making flan. And I'm hoping they can perform double duty as butter warmers, as all mine broke :(

Ramekins are on my shortlist of things to get. I want to try making flan. And I'm hoping they can perform double duty as butter warmers, as all mine broke :(

I have oven-proof glass ramekins. They hold up to being dropped on the floor. I use them to microwave melt butter. They also work for individual soufflés. Good at parties for holding dips.

I love egg McMuffins, but I've never used any kind of a ring for the eggs. I break the yolk when they hit the pan, and I've gotten pretty good at making them reasonably round with just my spatula as they cook. Flip them over and I'm done.

I do the eggs for 'McMuffins' in the microwave, too, in glass ramekins. I butter the cups, put a slice of Canadian bacon or ham in the bottom, and break the egg over the ham. The ham keeps the egg from sticking to the cup--cleanup is much easier. Add a slice of cheese after the egg cooks for minute, and then microwave til the egg is done enough for you.

I poke the egg a couple times to help cut down on explosions (!), but I also use a cover so the MW doesn't get dirty.

I just can't bring myself to eat Egg McMuffins, or even a home made version. I do love to poach eggs in my egg poaching pan, with the little cups generously coated in butter while they're still cold, sprinkle a bit of pepper on the bottom, as well as a little salt. Break the eggs into the cups. Lightly season with S&P, Place into the pan of boiling water, cover and steam until the white is solid, and the yolk is runny. Remove immediately from the pan, and let the eggs fall out of their little poaching cups onto buttered and toasted English Muffins. A little cheese sauce over the top and you have something that is truly yummy.:chef: Combine that with some good breakfast sausage patties, or links on the side.

And now I'm hungry for breakfast, at 5 p.m.:wacko:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

sparrowgrass said:
I do the eggs for 'McMuffins' in the microwave, too, in glass ramekins. I butter the cups, put a slice of Canadian bacon or ham in the bottom, and break the egg over the ham. The ham keeps the egg from sticking to the cup--cleanup is much easier. Add a slice of cheese after the egg cooks for minute, and then microwave til the egg is done enough for you.

I poke the egg a couple times to help cut down on explosions (!), but I also use a cover so the MW doesn't get dirty.

I did a variation on Sparrow's method. No ramekins, but sprayed a coffee mug with butter flavored spray, slice of Can bacon, cracked and pierced egg, cook 1 minute on high, stir egg and cook 15 more seconds. Muffin in toaster. Kraft slice on muffin bottom, plop egg and bacon on top, other muffin half. I ate one, froze 5. Much yummage.

I used a piece of paper towel, which would occasionally fly off. What do you use to prevent MW spatters?

I did a variation on Sparrow's method. No ramekins, but sprayed a coffee mug with butter flavored spray, slice of Can bacon, cracked and pierced egg, cook 1 minute on high, stir egg and cook 15 more seconds. Muffin in toaster. Kraft slice on muffin bottom, plop egg and bacon on top, other muffin half. I ate one, froze 5. Much yummage.

I used a piece of paper towel, which would occasionally fly off. What do you use to prevent MW spatters?

I've been using a dome-shaped flimsy plastic cover -- looks like a cake cover -- that I found in a Big Lots store (They sell miscellaneous stuff; the stock varies.) for a couple of dollars. It's as big around as a dinner plate and about 3" high. (I went and looked at it, but there's no brand name anywhere.) I use it all the time, especially when nuking raw veggies drizzled with EVOO or just reheating in general. Besides preventing spattering, although there are vent holes around the top, it holds in moisture and might not be a good idea for some apps if you want to keep the item on the dry side.

Thanks! I use screens for my stovetop stuff, have always just used paper towels or plastic wrap for MW. Those eggs get some velocity! Will be on the lookout!

This is what I use:

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 181
Thanks! I use screens for my stovetop stuff, have always just used paper towels or plastic wrap for MW. Those eggs get some velocity! Will be on the lookout!

A quick and easy cover to use in the microwave - coffee filters.

That's what I use, Z. Especially now that my coffee maker uses a gold filter. I had a full package of paper filters just sitting there looking for a good use. I like splatter shields that I can throw in the garbage.

Thanks guys! Great idea! I use coffee filters (and used dryer sheets, not for food though) for just about anything else, makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom