How do you doll up your cottage cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breakfast this morning - cottage cheese with pineapple, topped with honey from our hives and Penzeys Pie Spice.
2020-02-15-13-12-33.jpeg

That's basically how I cut up the pineapples, except that I trim the eyes out with a small paring knife - even less wasteful, and I'm cheap! I'll have to remember that method, giving the decorative slices, when that would be nice to have. And I always save the cores - I use them for smoothies, and they can also be used to make a mild vinegar (along with some of the other trimmings - a tip I learned from Diana Kennedy).

Last edited:
That's basically how I cut up the pineapples, except that I trim the eyes out with a small paring knife - even less wasteful, and I'm cheap! I'll have to remember that method, giving the decorative slices, when that would be nice to have. And I always save the cores - I use them for smoothies, and they can also be used to make a mild vinegar (along with some of the other trimmings - a tip I learned from Diana Kennedy).

I learned the "vinagre" trick from Daisy Martinez about 30 years ago. I'll confess to having a TV crush on her during her PBS show, Daisy Cooks.

She briefly explains and demonstrates beginning at 21:35 on the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_-rqtzgbY&list=PLFsVsIyZt2Ujr3F08SAIQjJeV3VticL39&index=17&t=0s

Back
Top Bottom