How do you like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psiguyy has the right idea!

In non-baked goods form, my favorite is scrambled with fresh sauteed spinach, sundried tomatoes, and cream cheese mixed in, topped w/ caramelized onions. Yummy!

I guess I need to throw in my 2 cents here. I love soft-boiled eggs and have a method for extra large that gets tehm jsut right for me. I put them in cold water and bring pot to a boil. Just when teh water begins to roll gently, I start a timer for 2 minutes and 32 seconds. When It goes off, I pour off the hot water and fill the pan with cold. I crack the shells at this point to make them easy to peel. I never have any uncooked whites and the yolks are still soft.

My favorite eggs are those cooked in a poaching pan, with the removable cups. My grandfather, the one who made my pancakes, had a poaching pan and made them for me. The eggs poured out of the little cups with the melted butter, the whites set and the yolks still most of the way soft. Of course, as an adult, I had to get a poaching pan. I've poached egges in salted water, and made funnel eggs in salted water (you stir the almost boiling water into a funnel and drop the raw egg into it).

The most dinful egg I eat is fry up some bacon, and after its done and removed from the pan, drp in an egg or two, then splach the hot grease over the top unti the white is set and a pink film covers the yolk.

My Stepfather always ate his eggs that way. It didn't have time to give him heart problems as he moved on to the next world when cancer ravished his mortal body. He was a man to admire in so many ways.

My egg favorites are those that remind me of those that I have loved and have passed on. Many of my favorite foods are like that.

Gotta quit this thread. I'm starting to get a bit melancholy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, you and I are in fact gastronomically linked!

I can eat soft boiled eggs, provided they're done almost exactly the way you say...

Poach your eggs in water with either salt or a tad of malt vinegar (or both), and serve on toasted English Muffin, bacon on the side...an fry 'em up, just as you say (extra pepper for me!)...

If God takes me out for my eating, I will likely "go" happy...if he takes me out for other "lifestyle" things, like cancer, I will sure go out "contributing" that nobody else has to die from that four star b*stard disease for lack of me trying to stop it....have lost too many family and friends...

Lifter

Lifter; Must be the good North air and clean Lake Superior Water that cleanse our nostrils and palates of contaminants (except of course those emanating from Algoma Steel and the Paper Mill, Copper and Iron Mines, Coal-fired Electric plants, etc.) ;)

I just know that when I look at your posts, your techniques and tastes are uncannily similar to my own. Maybe we should join together and start a cooking school. Oh that I had the capital and personal wealth to make that dream a reality. But in truth, I am a mere slave to the wage, just like 99.99% of every person who has ever lived.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

carnivore said:
the discussion that broke out on grits made me think of another food which everyone has a different way of eating--eggs.
i've seen so many people put things on their eggs that i consider 'weird': tabasco, ketchup, syrup, mayo, etc.
my favorite way to eat eggs is something my mom made for me when i was young: hard boiled, mashed up with lots of butter & salt. yum!
hard boiled eggs mashed up, mixed with lots of butter,finely chopped tomatoes,salt and black pepper make great sandwiches,ever tried?

poached on an English muffin,
soft boiled on white toast.. lots of butter and salt and pepper,
Sunny side UP
Or eggs with hats, yummy!

raw, beaten and in a cup!!! yummy.
---------
edit: in case you were wondering, i was kidding. anyways, i like mine hard boiled, or in a cake!

I like them all ways ... I go through phases, when I'll only eat them one way for a bit, then switch to another method. I love them poached, not cracked into water (nasty!), but in a poaching pan, like Goodweed, then atop buttered whole-grain toast. Also like them over easy, either on their own, or on pancakes. Also like cheese omelets; was so pleased when the day came that I created the perfect omelet, with help from Jacques.

I'm posting the recipe for the perfect hard-boiled egg that I just came across.

Cats

Back
Top Bottom