how do you like your eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Over easy with the yolk semi-runny
soft boiled
or poached .. my favorite being eggs Benedict ( with the sauce on the side.)

I guess I like mine just about any way ... but if not scrambled or hard boiled I like the yolk warm and runny! My experience with "over easy" has always been the yolk was way to overcooked (solid and not runny). So, I you could put me down for - any way but over easy.

I Don't. I am probably the only person on the planet that detests eggs. The thought of the white part of a hard boiled egg, or a runny mess on the plate, makes me ill. If it's scrambled, it has to be cooked beyond recognition and a ton of ingredients mixed in. Quiche, semi-okay, but won't eat it too eggy. A custard is semi okay - but put lots of anything - onions etc in. Souffles are my favorite -- since I don't taste the eggs. French toast - don't make it too eggy. Potato salad - if it has eggs, I won't eat it. Devilled eggs - I'll eat the yellow and that's enough. UGGHHHH! Sure you'll get plenty of responses re how people 'like' their eggs. I don't want to look at them.

Scrambled is my all time favourite, but Benedict, fried (sunny side down), [SIZE=-1]omelets & frittatas and poached are all great too :)
[/SIZE]

Over easy is how I cook the two eggs a week I allow myself. I drag the yolkless pieces of white through the runny yolk so I can get some of that delicious nectar in every bite.

The rest of the week, when I use an Eggbeaters type of product, they are part of an omlet with light cheddar and real bacon bits. While not as good as whole eggs, they're not bad.

I'm the weird one, i like the egg white only - if by itself, fried crispy in lots of butter with pepper - i will eat an egg white omlette (fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and cheddar cheese), but it must be well done, if you can use that term to describe eggs. I will eat a hard boiled egg, but again, only the white part - you can't say it because I already did, I'm the weird one.

scrambled and over medium ( the whites cooked all the way and the yolk still runny) but i have to have toast with it.

Over easy, make sure the white is cooked all the way through and yet the yolk is warm and runny is my fav!! Otherwise I like them in just about any and every way.

either scrambled, or an eggwhite omelet. Today I made one with wilted spinach, sauteed onions, mushrooms, grapes tomatoes, and just a tiny bit of cheddar, and a grilled roll on the side.

Eggs and me? Love them so much that I hate them! I just wish they were healthy, then I could eat them daily, fried, scrambled etc etc, just as long as they are eggs! I like my eggs in every which way, but have a strange way of preparing my fav.Beat eggs, pour in a little milk, and then a little water, add salt and pepper then fry in hot sunflower oil . Strange but true.

I love eggs - just about any way - and eat them often. Fave way lately is the cheese omelette the nice Korean lady makes for me several times a week at the deli I stop in before heading to the office.

(mish, darlin', we are gonna just have to agree to disagree about some things.)

Love eggs almost any way, the 'almost' being boiled. Blech, blech, a thousand times blech.

Sunny side up or gently over easy, there is no better egg.

Huevos rancheros, I could eat those every day.

Of course, the scrambled egg. To which you can add cheese, ham, sausage pieces, shrooms. asparagus, almost anything you have in the fridge.

Years ago used to go to a place in San Diego that made scrambled eggs with crumbled bacon, mushrooms, and spinach. Loved that joint.

Then the omelet. Whatever the filling it is great. Love garbage omelets where one adds almost everything.

Once, at a diner in Staten Island, had a chicken liver omelet. That was really delicious.

Or make a pizza omelet with cheese, pepperoni, and a bit of pizza sauce.

You can go from the sorta regular filling end, like canned chili with some Velveeta, to the top end fillings, and it is always a satisfying meal.

And the omelet can always be topped with a sauce.

And then there is the frittata; again those can be made with anything you like, from cheese and frank slices to all sorts of veggies, crab meat, lobster, the possibilities are endless and a lot of fun.

Sorry but I love egg dishes, but must restrict the intake, darn.

To me the egg is close to the ultimate food because of all the ways one can prepare them.

But I just cannot tolerate a boiled egg. I have no idea why, but I hate the smell even of an egg salad sandwich.

Go figure.

If we're talking straight eggs, then its poached, in a poaching pan, in butter, then placed onto buttered toast. The whites need to be cooked through and the yolk must be runny. All is lightly salted with a hint of fine grind black pepper.

Next, we'll go for soft boiled, again served atop either toast or an English muffin. The large-grade egg is placed in a pan with cold water and cooked unti lthe water is just beginning to bubble. 2 minuters and 37 seconds later, it is plunged into cold water and the shell crazed. this gives me perfect results every time.

After that, I'd have to say basted, cooked in a buttered fry-pan unti the white is nearly set. Add 2 tsp. water and immeditely cover. Let the whole thing steam for about 25 seconds and remove to plate.

I love scrambled and hard-boiled aboout equally. But I don't want the scrambled to be too firm.

I love French Toast, omeltes, quiche, soufle', and any other egg dish you can think of. I also adore deviled eggs where the yolk is mixed with Miracle Whip salad dressing, powdered mustard, sweet pickle reslish and finely chopped onion. Sprinkle the top with Hugarian Sweet Paprika.

I love custards, flan, and even make my own mayonaise, taking great care to clean the outside of the shell in hot, soapy water, then rinse under hot water. Crack, add 2 large eggs to 1 cup sunflower oil, mix with the imersion blender, add onion powder, salt, and rice vinegar to taste. I can then add other flavorings as the recipe or sandwich may require.

I even likepickled eggs.

About the only egg dishes I won't eat are balute and 100 year old eggs:yuk: .

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I guess scrambled, over easy is good to, but I have SUCH a hard time not breaking the yoke. Anybody have helpful hints on how to turn them over without breaking?

I'm with you, Weed. I love eggs, just about anyway.

One thing you all haven't mentioned is the fried egg sandwich...for that, I want it fried fairly hard, with a bit of cheese melted on top, 2-3 slices crisp fried bacon, and served on toast...or with a slice of ham on an English Muffin.
My husband fries great eggs...he bastes them with bacon grease. They are so good, but not very healthy.
I make them like my mother did...in a bit of butter or bacon grease, then add a tiny bit of water, put the lid on, and let them steam until the whites are cooked. They are beautiful, and the yellows stay nice and runny. I turn them out of the skillet directly on to toasted bread or English Muffins.

When we were in New Orleans, we had breakfast at Brennens. What a rush that was, walking into this wonderful restaurant at 9:00 AM, and seeing all the waiters lined up in their tuxedos to welcome you. I had Eggs Housard there, which is like Eggs Benedict, with an additional, very rich, brown sauce. (I also had turtle soup, Bananas Foster, and sipped on Mimosas while the others had coffee with Bailey's.)

Sometimes when I was little, and my dad was on strike, my mother would make "Eggs Mimosa"...she made a white sauce, sliced the hardboiled egg whites up into it, spooned it over toast, and sprinkled the top with the seived yolks. She served it with fried bacon on the side...two slices each for her and me, and 4-5 for Dad.

If its just the egg: over easy with a slightly firm yolk, but still a bit runny.

But with other stuff I used to always make eggs with cinnamon.
Now I love it with veggies, the more the merrier. And paprika. Usually in a frittata, or the eggs are cooked over easy on top of the vegetables.

Ahhhh the perfect food! I love 'em. Like many of you the yolks must be very soft and the whites just set. Eggs Benedict...well my idea of heaven! Egg Sandwiches - absolutely a standby. Poached, soft boiled, hard boiled, scrambled, steamed, just about any way - hash browns with an egg yolk on top and mixed in will make me swoon! Pickled eggs are yummy too and very easy!

Debbie said:
I guess scrambled, over easy is good to, but I have SUCH a hard time not breaking the yoke. Anybody have helpful hints on how to turn them over without breaking?

I find they flip a lot easier if the white is set up and if there is plenty of butter or, I guess no-stick spray will work, to allow the eggs to move about in the pan. then it's just practice makes perfect.

Like you, auntdot, I detest boiled eggs. that is the only kind of egg I dislike. I especially love grilled sandwiches w/egg and cheese in them! OH YEAH!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom