how to make cheese crisps for ganish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what you mean from your description. Can you offer a little more description?

In the mean time, try this.

Grate some Parmesan cheese and sprinkle a cookie sized area on parchment paper or a silpat in a cookie sheet. Repeat to fill the cookie sheet with circles of grated cheese.

Bake at 350 F until it's melted and slightly browned.

Allow it to cool and it will be crisp and can be used as a garnish.

You can vary the sizes and shapes. You can also form the cooked melted cheese before it hardens. Drape it over the bottom of a small glass to form a small cup shape.

If you had something else in mind...

pls check here------http://cn.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wch21cn/detail?.dir=/1900&.dnm=9b50.jpg
i want this kind of garnish,thanks!

Andy M. said:
Not sure what you mean from your description. Can you offer a little more description?

In the mean time, try this.

Grate some Parmesan cheese and sprinkle a cookie sized area on parchment paper or a silpat in a cookie sheet. Repeat to fill the cookie sheet with circles of grated cheese.

Bake at 350 F until it's melted and slightly browned.

Allow it to cool and it will be crisp and can be used as a garnish.

You can vary the sizes and shapes. You can also form the cooked melted cheese before it hardens. Drape it over the bottom of a small glass to form a small cup shape.

If you had something else in mind...

I have some grated Parmesan and Romano cheese that I've already mixed together.. ( I used some of it on salad) do you think that it would work for the crisps?

Back
Top Bottom