How to make scrambled eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You want really fluffy scrambled eggs?? put just a little pancake mix(mixed ready for cooking, 1 tbls per egg) in with the eggs. Wow, terrific light fluffy eggs.

Place a small, non-stick coated frying pan over medium heat.

Crack two eggs into a bowl.

Beat the **** out of the eggs with a fork.

Add a pat of butter to the frying pan.

Pour **** beaten out of eggs into frying pan.

Stir eggs with nylon spoon as they cook, scraping sides of pan until all egg is uniformly cooked.

Spoon cooked eggs on to a plate

Add two slices of toast, smeared with butter and jam and cut diagonally, to plate.

ENJOY!

I've never done it, but my Sister in law strains her eggs before cooking. She strains them through a seive like a large tea strainer. They are fluffy & good.
Stan

Crack two eggs into a bowl.

Stir eggs with nylon spoon as they cook, scraping sides of pan until all egg is uniformly cooked.

Add two slices of toast, smeared with butter and jam and cut diagonally, to plate.

ENJOY!

what..no milk?

You don't have to add any milk or cream to scrambled eggs. They still scramble up fine. I have made them that way on the odd occasion when I have started cooking the eggs only to find the cream was on the turn and I don't like to add the milk direct to the frypan. Nothing wrong with them. Casting my mind back, they were probably just a bit thicker and didn't make quite as large an amount but nothing major. Still prefer them though with a splash of cream in them.

I do exactly as Caine wrote except I cook them in olive oil and low heat. No milk or water added, super tasty every time!!

Crack two eggs into a bowl. Add some whole milk.

ENJOY!

I added some milk to mine, and they came out great! Now I have to go buy some bread and a toaster :LOL:. I'll just eat it with my morning grits/oatmeal until then :clap:

If you're really good, you can put the unbeaten eggs into the pan and scramble them as you cook them.

If you're really good, you can put the unbeaten eggs into the pan and scramble them as you cook them.

That's the only way I've ever done mine. I never considered myself really good, just not wanting to clean another bowl :LOL:

NisAznMonk,

WOW!
This is a delicate issue.

Okay, first, there is no definitive answer from the way that you structured your post, but I’ll try to toss a few ideas out.

1.) Eggs can be seasoned before they are scrambled (usually with just a little salt).

2.) The way you prepare the pan has a lot to do with the outcome of flavor of the egg. If you line with butter it will taste different than if you line the hot pan with olive oil or peanut oil, etc.

3.) You can make a more colorful egg by either adding extra egg yoke to the scrambled mix, or (and this is most preferable) by finding an egg producer who can supply you with eggs of rich color and taste.

4.) since you are in Okinawa, please consider that Japanese cream (milk) is different from American cream (milk). This will surely affect the taste of your egg.

Also...
adding milk (and milk-like substances) to egg is a very western idea and should be considered with the understanding that it will dilute the purity of the egg flavor.

I suggest that you make separate the scrambled eggs, one at a time, and taste-test each one for flavor.

It should not take too long nor cost you to much, and the experience you get should prove to be very useful.

No one can tell YOU the proper egg.

You must try and see for yourself.

I just hope my ideas can help.

That's the only way I've ever done mine. I never considered myself really good, just not wanting to clean another bowl :LOL:
Well, if you're REALLY REALLY good, you can do it that way, on a griddle! That's how we did it in the Army mess hall. You'd get a few KP personnel, give them each a stack of bowls, lay out a couple of flats of eggs, and tell them "two eggs cracked into each bowl." Then, if someone ordered scrambled, you emptied a bowl onto the griddle and quickly scrambled the eggs with your spatula as you cooked them. We didn't have teflon coated griddles back then either. In fact. very few people outside of DuPont had even heard of teflon.

I've always heard to start with room temp eggs.......does anyone take this time? I usually soak them in warm water before using---don't really see any difference, however, when I scramble them.....now..... adding chorizo, rolled up in a warm tortilla heated in an iron skillet, spooning picante sauce on top....OMG to die for (probably will, ha)

Not specifically ExpatGirl but I do get all my ingredients out of the fridge before I start and all the rest of the stuff next, so by the time the butte/marg has melted in my pan, the eggs have been out of the fridge a few minutes, probably just long enough so that they don't have that chilled feel to the shell. Wouldn't say that they are at room temp though, just not fridge temp.

Since my chickens started laying and I no longer buy eggs, I have been keeping them on the counter. To tell the truth, I can't tell the difference between cooking a cold egg vs a room temp egg. Maybe if I cooked both at the same time I could.
I saw a cooking show where a French chef said eggs cook better at room temp, and since you typically let meat warm up before tossing it on the grill, I figured what the heck.
But I am finding that the eggs took up less room in the fridge than they do on my counter :wacko:

Why not get one of those egg baskets that hang from chains? If you have an overhead cupboard, you could affix it to the underside then. I use one in the bathroom for soaps and flannels etc - not to mention all those free samples of shampoo etc that never seem to be used!

I wish I had the room for something like that. I've often thought of getting those baskets for my onions, potatoes and garlic, but I don't know where I could hang it and have it handy. My kitchen is really screwed up the way it's layed out. And what overhead cupboards I have, already have stuff under them.... toaster oven, coffee maker, deep fryer. I've got one little prep area. I need one of those kitchen makeovers.

And don't eggs have to have the small end down when they're stored? I keep them in a carton for this reason and have a first in, first out system, but none have lasted longer than a week anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom