ISO beer cheese recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Hey all, need help with a beer cheese recipe. I plan on serving beer cheese dip with pan fried pita. Not sure how much beer, cheese, garlic , hotsauce and flour would be needed to make a thick beer cheese sauce/dip. Making it in a few hours any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey all, need help with a beer cheese recipe. I plan on serving beer cheese dip with pan fried pita. Not sure how much beer, cheese, garlic , hotsauce and flour would be needed to make a thick beer cheese sauce/dip. Making it in a few hours any help would be appreciated.
Trry 2-8oz packs f soft cream cheese with 8 0z of softened cheddar cheese (shredded) about 1 clove of grated garlic, 1/3 cup of beer.1/2 tea, hot sauce to taste. Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tea Dijon mustard put in chaffing heat dip, in with chips, pita crispa or even crisp veggies
kadesma

Im feeling like a revival of this thread because I have a really good beer cheese recipe.

This makes a enough to fill a moderate to small crock pot.

16 oz (about 2 packs of store bought) grated cheddar
4 oz shredded fresh or smoked Gouda
4 oz (your favorite cheese here)
1 clove garlic (finely minced)
1 can beer (cheap beer works well actually, save your great beers for drinking!)
drop of liquid smoke (optional)
1/2 tea spoon smoked ancho chili powder (solid!)
few shakes of Tabasco

Melt cheese and incorporate beer slowly. It will become a bit stodgy if you add flour so I recommend just upping the cheese if you want it less runny. This has a really nice flavor, accented by a small smoke note which makes it a party favorite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom