ISO Gorgonzola Dip Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinne

Sous Chef
Mystic, CT - transplanted from Lancaster, PA
My boss's birthday is this Friday. We celebrate all birthdays (& whatever other occasions that I can come up with) by bringing in food & noshing all day. One of the things she really likes is Gorgonzola cheese. I am looking for a fantastic dip or spread & haven't found anything yet. Can anyone help?
Thank you!!

Corinne,
This is easy and one my daughters just love..We serve it on lightly toasted baguette rounds.
This makes 8 rounds so it will have to be kicked up for the amount you want.
1/4-c.crumbled gorgonzola
1-Tab. mascarpone cheese
16- walnut halves, finely chopped, we just mix in the chopped walnuts and place half pieces on top
1/2 of a baguette
salt and pepper
mash the cheeses together add the chopped nuts add salt and pepper.
Toast the baguetts spread with cheese mix and top with a nut.Refrigerate til needed.

If your making a lot, some nice type of cracker might be easier to do and guests can spread on the cheese themselves. Hope this might help.

kadesma:)

Our DIL fixes this and we all like it:
8 oz gorgonzola
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
1 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup fresh parsely, chopped
mix all together thoroughly and let sit in frig for an hour or so before serving w/ baguette rounds, wheat thins and/or celery. or anything else you like

I like a spread made with 1 package cream cheese, 1 container of crumbled gorgonzola cheese, 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts. Blend the cream cheese well - add in other ingredients and mix. It is good on crackers, toasted bagels, and especially good on fresh pears or apples.

This is from the Cooking Club of America's recipe collection and very good. We made it for a Christmas party and they were a hit...
Gorganzola Stuffed Dates
Combine 3oz cream cheese with 1 small container of Gorganzola, mix well.
Cut dates lengthwise but not through (enough so you can get to the center and still have a base to stuff)
Using either a pastry bag or zippie with the corner cut, stuff each date and top with a walnut 1/2.

I bought the pre-pitted dates so all I had to do was make the cut into them so they could be stuffed.
I think people liked them because you could pick them up and pop them into your mouth.
Have fun!

corazon90 said:
These all sound great! Especially kadesma's looks awesome! I will have to save that for a rainy day...wait a minute, it rains here almost every day.:LOL: It is the pacific northwest, after all.
See no excuses, time to treat yourself to a nummy yummy:LOL: How are Aiden and Callum?

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom