Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gents,
Quiche, is a highly versatile Egg Dish which, the Vet ( Filippo ) and I have enjoyed numerous times as I Mom had prepared Quiche.
I prepare mine, as a Lorraine, with a contemporary healthy twist ... Here is the recipe:
Part A: The Pie Dough
Part B: The Quiche´s Filling
6 oz. flour all purpose unbleached or bleached
1/4 cup water
4 oz. butter or shortening
dash or pinch of salt
1) Mix all the ingredients together and roll the dough.
2) Line a Pie Tin with the dough and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 15 minutes.
3) Do Not Brown.
3 ounces Swiss Emmenthal Cheese
3 tsps. diced leek
3 tsps. diced shallot
3 tsps. diced spring onion
3 ounces Proscuitto di Parma
1 cup of whole Milk
4 slices chopped finely of Swiss Gruyère
*** Bacon 4 strips optional
1 Very Small Zucchini or Corgette chopped finely
Evoo - for sauté-ing the vegetables
1) In Evoo, Sauté the onion, leek and shallot until tender ( do not brown )
2) strain the Evoo and place the sautéed onion varieties in the pie pan
3) add the cheeses and the ham
4) sauté the zucchini in Evoo until just tender with a light pinch of salt and drain the Evoo carefully ( place on absorbent paper towelling )
5) add the milk and eggs and season with salt, freshly ground black peppercorns, and snipped parsley, basil chopped finely, oregano - a pinch, and thyme herb ...
5) Pour ontop of the ham and cheese
6) bake at 350 degrees farenh. for 25 - 30 mins.
Have a lovely Tuesday.
Ciao. Margaux Cintrano.