Milk/cream in omelets/scrambled eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't use it in omelettes, I use about a tablespoon of cold water to 'slacken' the eggs.

In scrambled eggs, I think it makes the dish richer and taste creamier.

I put milk in my eggs all the time. It just make them lighter and fluffier. Doesn't change the taste that I have been able to tell.

I whisk the eggs for both dishes for a minute or two by hand prior to putting them in the pan. I always use a little milk (typically low fat), which I beat with the eggs, and reserve cream only for a special occasion. I find that it (combo of beating and milk) helps to make a lighter, fluffier type of finished egg dish. Plus it was how my mom always did it, lol, so I think a lot of it come from that, as her scrambled eggs are always excellent :)

I also mix a drop of milk too. I always did this out of habit, as it was believed to make the omelette fluffier. I have seen and tasted omelettes/fritattas made without milk, and the milk effect seems to be true, they come out much denser.

Constance, I am with you on the sour cream!! Sometimes I add a bit of cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs instead too.

I'll bet that would be good Shunka! My grandson, age 7, loves cottage cheese. I often watch him after school, and cottage cheese with salt & pepper is one of his fave snacks. Of course Oreos and chocolate milk are real high on his list too.

The BEST scrambled eggs in the WORLD are with a little sour milk!
I lived in Tampa for awhile and met this old black guy who was a terrific cook. He made everything just great! He gave me this little tip one day and I tried it and the scrambled eggs were the best I ever had. Just a tablespoon or two of sour milk!
Now what doya think of that?

When I'm making scrambled eggs for a big breakfast like on a Sunday I put 1/3 cup of cream per two eggs and fold the eggs rather than outright scrambling them.

You can definitely taste the difference then :P.

Back
Top Bottom