"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #21
Senior Cook
DrThunder88's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 473
Microplane is the brand name for both the woodwork and kitchen tools. Rasps are just files designed for shaping wood. I find Microplanes easiest to locate at dedicated woodworking stores like Rockler or Woodcraft.
DrThunder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #22
Assistant Cook
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
I'd stay out of the hardware store for a food gaget. Those tools aren't made from stainless steel and are sometimes painted. After a few uses and cleanings you will most definately see some rust.

Pacanis, you'll be more than happy with a regular grating microplane or the one I provided a link with. Were you using the zesting side of the grater? I can cover 2 dishes with Parm in a matter of seconds with mine.
Yeah hardware stores DO have some nasty cookware with dodgy coatings etc..
callstar is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.