"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

New Way to Make Butter.

Found this out by accident. I had a quart of heavy cream in the back of the fridge, where the cold air blows in. Some items occasional freeze back there. The cream froze. I removed it from the fridge and heated it gently in thee microwave. When I went to pour some out for a recipe I was going to make, I got sweet, uncultured buttermilk, and globs of salt-free butter. Just as when you freeze milk, and thaw it, the cream seperates out for the water, so to with the cream separating out from the whey. All I needed to do to make butter was to pour the carton contents through a seivek and save the buttermilk for cooking (weet, not cultured), and wash the butterfat, and add a bit of salt. I did that with one carton. I had two cartons in the back of the fridge. Im still needed a proper heavy cream. I put the whole thing into the microwave, in a suitable bowl, and heated it until the butterfat liquefied. I then put it into the blender and and ran it at puree for 30m seconds. I checked it an it was heavy whipping cream again. I made Chantilly Cream to go with a desert I'd made for my wife. I whipped up perfectly into soft peaks.

So If you want home made butter, without the manual labor...
If you over-mix yur whipping cream, and turn it into butter, simply melt it, blend it, and re beat it into whipped cream.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
neato

Old 02-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
Head Chef

Chief That's a awesome discovery.

Josie

Tags
butter, cream, recipe

New Way to Make Butter. Found this out by accident. I had a quart of heavy cream in the back of the fridge, where the cold air blows in. Some items occasional freeze back there. The cream froze. I removed it from the fridge and heated it gently in thee microwave. When I went to pour some out for a recipe I was going to make, I got sweet, uncultured buttermilk, and globs of salt-free butter. Just as when you freeze milk, and thaw it, the cream seperates out for the water, so to with the cream separating out from the whey. All I needed to do to make butter was to pour the carton contents through a seivek and save the buttermilk for cooking (weet, not cultured), and wash the butterfat, and add a bit of salt. I did that with one carton. I had two cartons in the back of the fridge. Im still needed a proper heavy cream. I put the whole thing into the microwave, in a suitable bowl, and heated it until the butterfat liquefied. I then put it into the blender and and ran it at puree for 30m seconds. I checked it an it was heavy whipping cream again. I made Chantilly Cream to go with a desert I'd made for my wife. I whipped up perfectly into soft peaks. So If you want home made butter, without the manual labor... If you over-mix yur whipping cream, and turn it into butter, simply melt it, blend it, and re beat it into whipped cream. Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews