Parm crisps keep sticking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
Hello, I need help making park crisps. I use freshly grated parmesan regiano and put about a tablespoon and a half mounds onto parchment paper. I spray it with non stick spray spray first. I bake them at 375 for about 5 to 8 minutes. They taste good, put keep sticking to the parchment paper when I try and take them off. Am I cooking them too long or maybe using to much cheese? If someone culd please help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

i usually pan fry parm crisps in a non-stick pan with a bit of cooking spray or misted olive oil. that way you can control the cooking process by hand.

my son makes really good cheese crisps this way by mashing up goldfish or cheez-it crackers into the shredded parm.

Last edited:
i usually pan fry parm crisps in a non-stick pan with a bit of cooking spray or misted olive oil. that way you can control the cooking process by hand.

my son makes really good cheese crisps this way by mashing up goldfish or cheez-it ctackers into the shredded parm.

i think your son has a winner there--the crisps, and you too.:)

my son makes really good cheese crisps this way by mashing up goldfish or cheez-it crackers into the shredded parm.

Yep. That's how you make them. In a pan on stovetop.

themonkeytree said:
Any ideas why they are sticking though?

You have to buy a silicone baking mat that goes on your baking sheet. You can find them at target or walmart. Hope this helps

A few ideas.
Try mixing in just a bit of A.P. flour. A ratio of 1 tsp flour per 3/4 cup cheese.
Lower the oven temp to closer to 300f and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
Try using 1 tbsp instead of 1.5.
And...allow to fully cool before attempting to remove them.

And a Silpat, as others have mentioned, works better than parchment for this.

I've found not all parchment paper is created equal. I've thrown out an almost full box after the first use when all my bagels stuck to it.

Like this.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2,027
When I say park crisps, I am talking about melted parmegiano reggiano til it forms a crisp. I am using real parmegiano reggiano, so it has plenty of fat. Not sure if this matters, but it is brown parchment paper not the white one.

When I say park crisps, I am talking about melted parmegiano reggiano til it forms a crisp. I am using real parmegiano reggiano, so it has plenty of fat. Not sure if this matters, but it is brown parchment paper not the white one.

The color is not important. Some Parchment isn't as slippery as others. I'm using some brown stuff now that's fine. The stuff I had to toss was white.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom