Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you try it please report back your findings. I am not a huge boiled egg fan but I was thinking about making deviled eggs at my sister in laws bridal shower and the only thing keeping me from going that route is the challenges sometimes associated with peeling an egg. Given I have to make them for about 25 guests that could be an interesting challenge in egg peeling.

If this works then it may be a good idea for me to make them :chef:

:ohmy:I guess working with children and have grandchildren makes me a little germphobic, but does anyone else have a problem with this method? Ewwww. Cool party trick, though.

:ohmy:I guess working with children and have grandchildren makes me a little germphobic, but does anyone else have a problem with this method? Ewwww. Cool party trick, though.

Thats why I'm not recommending this technique - too 'mouth on',
but if we could hook up some compressed CO2 or air gun to replace
the blowing we might have something:LOL:

My husband and I would be the only ones eating them as egg salad and if we can play suck face then I see nothing wrong with it.

If you use enough baking soda, you can just squeeze and pop the egg out.
UNLESS the eggs are extremely fresh. Fresh eggs are harder to peel.

Eggs

I'll continue to peel 'em under slow-running water, thanks...........

My method also..... With a little modification.
Crack the shells well, all over.
In the large end at the air pocket, slip a small teaspoon between the membrane inside the shell and the egg.
"Roll" the egg around the spoon. The shell should break away.

Keep the spoon wet.
May take a couple practice runs. There is always Egg Salad for the Goof Ups!

Charlie

That site is blocked by my work, but if it's the method where you peel the bottom and the top of the shell off, I have tried it, and it does work, however it's very unhygienic and it really hurt my mouth when I tried it.

It was cute, but I don't recommend it.

Also, I heard Alton Brown say that if you add some salt to the water while boiling eggs, it helps with peeling. Is there any truth to this (not that I think he would lie or anything), and if so, why?

Back
Top Bottom