Pimento Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes ma'am!! I love me some pimento cheese!!!

hoot, i ate a pimento cheese sandwich almost everyday in high school. made by the cafeteria ladies. they piled it high on white bread. with a coke and a few chips it was heaven. i still love it, their is a brand in my supermarket that is close.

hoot, i ate a pimento cheese sandwich almost everyday in high school. made by the cafeteria ladies. they piled it high on white bread. with a coke and a few chips it was heaven. i still love it, their is a brand in my supermarket that is close.

Babe, don't buy that grocery store junk. It doesn't taste like real pimento cheese. Check out the original recipe I posted. It's easy and a million times better than that junk.

I know you have cheeses on hand. Add pimentos to your regular shopping list to have on hand. It's good for lots of things and adds a lovely taste.

That's how I remember having it. I've not found a good brand to buy. :ermm:

Pimento Cheese ISO-TNT

I have a quick recipe for pimento cheese, share your if you will and I'll dig mine up.
kadesma:)

Grated extra sharp cheddar, a little Parmesan, pimentos and mayo. is my basic PC, but I found that mixing flavorful cheeses is good. Colby/Jack and Swiss is excellent, sometimes I add softened cream cheese for real decadence.

Grated extra sharp cheddar, a little Parmesan, pimentos and mayo. is my basic PC, but I found that mixing flavorful cheeses is good. Colby/Jack and Swiss is excellent, sometimes I add softened cream cheese for real decadence.
Thank you that sounds wonderful and I've been searching for a recipe I'll be making this tomorrow. Yum
kades

Here's my favorite adapted from Martha Foose

1 cup mayo
some fresh sage, finely chopped
a bit of lemon juice
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp worchestershire
4 cups shredded cheese - whatever you like
1 jar pimientos, drained
black pepper to taste
a dash or two (or more) hot pepper sauce

I never add salt because it seems plenty salty on its own. It keeps really well in the refrigerator.

Here's my favorite adapted from Martha Foose

1 cup mayo
some fresh sage, finely chopped
a bit of lemon juice
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp worchestershire
4 cups shredded cheese - whatever you like
1 jar pimientos, drained
black pepper to taste
a dash or two (or more) hot pepper sauce

I never add salt because it seems plenty salty on its own. It keeps really well in the refrigerator.
Hi Sis:)
Thanks for the recipe now I have two to work with.You know me the more the better. I'm going to make both ideas and will be happy as a pig in a wallo
kades

I think we would all love to share a sandwich with Kadesma!

Here's my recipe:

1 small jar pimientos
2 cups Extra Sharp Cheddar
1/2 cup Mayonnaise or to your liking..
1 t. yellow mustard
1/2 t. garlic powder

Mix all together in a medium bowl. Add a couple shots of hot sauce if you want. Chill for 24 hours...
Serve on bread, crackers, celery etc.

I think adding the cream cheese sounds like a great idea. Cream cheese makes just about anything better. It's even good in scrambled eggs.

I think we would all love to share a sandwich with Kadesma!

Here's my recipe:

1 small jar pimientos
2 cups Extra Sharp Cheddar
1/2 cup Mayonnaise or to your liking..
1 t. yellow mustard
1/2 t. garlic powder

Mix all together in a medium bowl. Add a couple shots of hot sauce if you want. Chill for 24 hours...
Serve on bread, crackers, celery etc.

I think adding the cream cheese sounds like a great idea. Cream cheese makes just about anything better. It's even good in scrambled eggs.
Thank you Connie, I love it. I was planning to make the two recipes I'd gotten but now there are three soooo I'll break the ingredients into 1/3d's and let er go. These are all so great. Thank you and I'd love to have a sandwich with all of you.
kades

Last week we were at the Masters Tournament (had tickets for one practice day) . I bought a pimiento cheese sandwich,a large soda, and a bag of chips Total cost $4.50. I was told that the prices for food there had not changed since 1977. Anyway, it was delicious and made with something like Wonder Bread. Tasted like what Connie submitted.

Count me in on lunch with Kadesma
Lyndalou

Last week we were at the Masters Tournament (had tickets for one practice day) . I bought a pimiento cheese sandwich,a large soda, and a bag of chips Total cost $4.50. I was told that the prices for food there had not changed since 1977. Anyway, it was delicious and made with something like Wonder Bread. Tasted like what Connie submitted.

Count me in on lunch with Kadesma
Lyndalou
I'll be watching for you lynda:) Come hungry
kades

Ok pimento helpers, I took all your recipes and put them together and got on great cheese. My son just walked out the door with over half of it for Sunday. Thank you all so much this is great.
kades:)

A friend I used to picnic with a lot in my youth used to just use grated cheddar, Miracle Whip, and pimentos, and stir like crazy. Then she'd put it on a bacon sandwich. Brings back many memories. But, in fact, I like the Kraft in a jelly glass type jar just fine (one of those secret vices in the food department!) and it's much cheaper!

My first taste of pimento cheese was the jelly jar type. I'd love to find it now. It's not anything like homemade, but I'd love to taste it again.

This is what I made today and was very happy with it.
8 oz freshly grated hoop cheese
1/2 of a roasted red bell pepper
2 oz softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper

Back
Top Bottom