Quick eggs for those hurry mornings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I'm new here so I thought I would start out by adding one of my favorite morning ideas. I love eggs and substitute eggs for breakfast in the mornings. I'm always rushing in the morning though. So, lately I have been making them ahead of time.

I add egg whites and a bit of milk and whisk it together with salt and pepper. Then pour the mixture into a greased muffin pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I use egg substitues instead of regular egg whites or you can add the yolk too...if not worried about cholesterol. I also add a little low fat shredded cheese to the tops before baking. In the morning I just pop on in the microwave and nuke it for about 30 seconds nad put it on toast or an english muffin. Makes a quick, satisfying, and yummy breakfast!

I have also seen recipies that add veggies such as onion, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, or tomatos to the mixture. :)

Yummy molly, that sounds wonderful. We use 1 whole egg and then the rest egg whites - sometimes all egg whites - it tastes the same to me so why tempt the fate that already runs in my family I say!!!

We will definately try this - and I might try it in the oven too - maybe this weekend I will saute some onion, green pepper or red pepper, chopped mushrooms and some turkey sausage and make little quiches - mmmmm.. thanks so much for the idea!

Have you ever made the pancakes with cottage cheese, egg whites, and oatmeal? They are great and really, really filling.

Eggs, Cheese, Dairy...

pancakes with cottage cheese, egg whites, and oatmeal.........................

Move over Jed, I think Kelf will be joining you. :roll:

Another pancake variation that is fun is a dish from Wales (I think that is where it is from...maybe some of our members in the British Isles can help here) called a "Creme Pog" (Again...I THINK that's it!). This delightful flapjack is basically a regular pancake batter with soome beaten egg whites folded in. Light and delicious!

Yea Dove, I might need to make a roadtrip to Morganton myself! LOL Those are "healthy" pancakes - just made them this morning - everything is mixed in a blender - even added blueberries today. They were great! You'd never believe it I know but they were! 8)

Elf,
Do you top them with anything? How many Carbs are in them and how many does it make?
Marge

Quick eggs for those hurry mornings

Elf,
Have you posted this yet or you going to wait for the Morgenton "visit"
Dove
Jed, have you figgured out yet what we are talking about? :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
Have you ever made the pancakes with cottage cheese, egg whites, and oatmeal? They are great and really, really filling.

I haven't tried this but it sounds really good and healthy! Where can I get a recipe for those? Thanks :)

So, I was so intrigued by the cottage cheese, egg, and oatmeal pancake idea that I decided to experiment with the ingredients and try to make them. They were really good...but kinda gooey on the inside.

I started with 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 egg, and about 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal. I creamed the cheese and egg together in the blender and then slowly added the oatmeal until I had the consistency of pancake batter. Then I fried the batter up like pancakes.

They were good. I think I will make them again and add fruit to the batter. Probably will use fresh blueberries. :)

Another easy recipe for eggs - The easiest one infact

One egg beaten in a small microwave proof bowl ( I use the small pyrex bowl).
pinch of salt and black pepper added to the egg

Cover the bowl with seran wrap and microwave for a minute.

Toast an English muffin. Remove the egg with a spoon and place on the warm muffin. Place a cheese slice and top with the other muffin slice. Wrap in a foil and take it to go. Takes less than 5 minutes to put together and beats the mcmuffin sold at McDonalds. I make variations with biscuits to if I am in a mood over the weekends.

that would be good too on a bagel.. I love bagel sandwiches.. especially with onion bagels. You could even make a scramble mixture the night before.. adding chopped ham, onions or peppers.

Yakuta said:
One egg beaten in a small microwave proof bowl ( I use the small pyrex bowl).
pinch of salt and black pepper added to the egg

Cover the bowl with seran wrap and microwave for a minute.

Toast an English muffin. Remove the egg with a spoon and place on the warm muffin. Place a cheese slice and top with the other muffin slice. Wrap in a foil and take it to go. Takes less than 5 minutes to put together and beats the mcmuffin sold at McDonalds. I make variations with biscuits to if I am in a mood over the weekends.

Only takes about 2 minutes flat to make a great omelette too. Start the pan and butter heating, break and scramble the eggs, add a pinch or so of your favorite minced herbs, about 1 minute to cook, and add a handfull of shredded cheese right before you roll it up and slide it onto the plate. Round it out with an English muffin and jam... mmmmmm....:chef:

Back
Top Bottom