Scotch Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a group of friends we call "the bunch for brunch"; once a month we get together on Sunday to eat and drink champagne or bloody marys. Last time it was my turn I made scotch eggs and they were such a hit! Very heavy, you have to encourage people to grab one and halve it to share. It is a perfect picnic food. The first time I had Scotch eggs it was on the beach in Hawaii.

p.s., the ultimate pork pie experience is tourtiere, which is somewhere on some other line. It is appropriate to the season, also is a wonderful brunch or picnic dish; but of course, best eaten at midnight while opening Christmas presents. I've perfected it to the point that my husband would never do without it, and my family bemoans the fact that I no longer live there and used to make the best. Tourtiere!!!

I had these things at a restraunt. Ate two of them. The next day I had the worst gas of my life. I thought I may have been dying at the time.

They sure tasted good, though.

Though if you've never heard of them, you'd think Homer Simpson invented them.

You actually ate TWO Scotch eggs?????!!! I can't imagine it! I'll bet no one wanted to stand next to you for three days!!!!

11.gif
Ekim said:
Though if you've never heard of them, you'd think Homer Simpson invented them.

Back
Top Bottom