The end of Parmesan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
No parm has not dissapeared from our lives..But those little ends, you can't get anymore cheese from,,,What do you do with them?
Me a big pot of minestrone, of bean soup any kind of soup for that matter..Add that rind. It will get soft and gooey and oh so yummy..My boys use to elbow each other over it. Now everybody is happy..Now I find, I can still save mine but yesterday for a dollar, I got a dozen parm ends at the grocery store...So, if you had some what would you do with yours? In a nice mac and cheese, I've even surprised them and put it in a stew..Yep stew..
Now surprise me with your ideas.
kades

Last edited:
No parm has not dissapeared from our lives..But those little ends, you can't get anymore cheese from,,,What do you do with them?
Me a big pot of minestrone, of bean soup any kind of soup for that matter..Add that rind. It will get soft and gooey and oh so yummy..My boys use to elbow each other over it. Now everybody is happy..Now I find, I can still save mine but yesterday for a dollar, I got a dozen parm ends at the grocery store...So, if you had some what would you do with yours? In a nice mac and cheese, I've even surprised them and put it in a stew..Yep stew..
kades
i just grate mine on the micoplane right down to nothing. i do cut off the blue stamp dye, it isn't very appealing to me. if there is a tiny piece left my girl or i just eat it. BUT i have used it by shaving it thin and use it for stuffing my artichoke leaves. (btw i posted my recipe for stuffed artichokes in the veggie forum)

Rind? Leftover ends? What are you talking about? I didn't see any leftover ends. What do mean my breath smells like cheese?:ROFLMAO:

Rind? Leftover ends? What are you talking about? I didn't see any leftover ends. What do mean my breath smells like cheese?:ROFLMAO:
Pretty smart there John, now they will never know the delights of that last bite:ROFLMAO:But one mistake, what will ya pay me not to tell?:angel:
kadesma

i just grate mine on the micoplane right down to nothing. i do cut off the blue stamp dye, it isn't very appealing to me. if there is a tiny piece left my girl or i just eat it. BUT i have used it by shaving it thin and use it for stuffing my artichoke leaves. (btw i posted my recipe for stuffed artichokes in the veggie forum)
Going to check out your recipe, artichokes are my favorite veggie
kades

Going to check out your recipe, artichokes are my favorite veggie
kades
i love artichokes also and i find myself screaming at the tv when a cook hacks off all the leaves down to the heart and throws them away!! dang just buy the hearts if thats what you want, don't go abusing and wasting all those wonderful leaves!! LOL

a factoid- artichoke hearts from a jar/can aren't from artichokes! just learned that recently from Chef> who'da thunk?!

anyhoo, kades & others, my parm rinds get used for soup. veggie soup, to be specific.

a factoid- artichoke hearts from a jar/can aren't from artichokes! just learned that recently from Chef> who'da thunk?!

anyhoo, kades & others, my parm rinds get used for soup. veggie soup, to be specific.

so what are they the heart of?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm i never put cheese ends IN soup well cooking it. i do however put a liberal amount of grated R & P on top of a bowl of homemade chicken soup served over rice.

so what are they the heart of?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm i never put cheese ends IN soup well cooking it. i do however put a liberal amount of grated R & P on top of a bowl of homemade chicken soup served over rice.
You know how hard the ends of the parm is, well when you put them in to hot liquid they become soft and creamy and a lot like the cheese in french onion soup..they are so good my kids use to argue over who's turn it was to get the cheese:LOL:
kades

You know how hard the ends of the parm is, well when you put them in to hot liquid they become soft and creamy and a lot like the cheese in french onion soup..they are so good my kids use to argue over who's turn it was to get the cheese:LOL:
kades
:LOL::LOL: i never wind up with hard ends i just grate them. now i want stuffed artichokes! jeeeeeeeeeeez i better go make my chili. i think i am hungry. did you check the recipe? wondering what you think of it and if/how you make yours.

kades

You mean there is a market for all those ends of Parm I have in my fridge? :LOL:

I put them in soups and sometimes in stews. Have you ever tried it in tomato soup? ooooh!

You mean there is a market for all those ends of Parm I have in my fridge? :LOL:

I put them in soups and sometimes in stews. Have you ever tried it in tomato soup? ooooh!
No I haven't but I will.
kades

Back
Top Bottom