TNT Egg Foo Yung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
Awhile back a member was asking about same... so wanted to share my tnt version & post it in its' own catagory. I've made this recipe for years & adapted it to my own taste. Find myself munching on it before it gets to the table :angel:

Prepare a box of chinese rice a roni (w almonds - if your can't find the almond version, you can add your own slivered almonds).

Scramble 4-6 eggs (I don't like mine too eggy - so I use about 4-5 eggs). Add soy sauce to taste. Add in chopped green scallions (green & white parts). Stir in a can of drained bean sprouts. Add pepper & ginger (optional) - to taste. (I lay off the salt, but if your a salt lover add it in.)

Add a can of drained shrimp. Crab would work well too. Mix it all together & drop into a hot frying pan w heated oil - like little pancakes. You can add in sliced mushrooms too, if you wish.

There is a sauce w cornstarch water & soy sauce. I like mine w/o.

Awhile back a member was asking about same... so wanted to share my tnt version & post it in its' own catagory. I've made this recipe for years & adapted it to my own taste. Find myself munching on it before it gets to the table :angel:

Prepare a box of chinese rice a roni (w almonds - if your can't find the almond version, you can add your own slivered almonds).

Scramble 4-6 eggs (I don't like mine too eggy - so I use about 4-5 eggs). Add soy sauce to taste. Add in chopped green scallions (green & white parts). Stir in a can of drained bean sprouts. Add pepper & ginger (optional) - to taste. (I lay off the salt, but if your a salt lover add it in.)

Add a can of drained shrimp. Crab would work well too. Mix it all together & drop into a hot frying pan w heated oil - like little pancakes. You can add in sliced mushrooms too, if you wish.

There is a sauce w cornstarch water & soy sauce. I like mine w/o.

sounds good, but will have to leave out the almonds.

Although I mentioned this on the other Egg Foo Yung thread as well, a good easy sauce for it is a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup thinned with some dry sherry & seasoned with a bit of soy sauce to taste, heated through on the stovetop.

sounds good, but will have to leave out the almonds.

You can omit them, get another flavor i.e. chicken - or add drained chopped water chestnuts for some crunch -- but the bean sprouts & green onions will give you a bit of texture.

Thanks for sharing Amy, never had it but would love to try it, sounds good !

Your welcome, Barb. It's an oldie but goodie. Don't eat eggs very often, but this has enough 'stuff' in it to make make eggs more interesting. Next time, I may make one big pancake, cause I nibble while the rest are cooking.

Back
Top Bottom