Tried Organic Lowfat Milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
It was so rich and creamy I couldn't believe it! I will never drink anything else. My first thought was - "What's with THIS stuff"? and my son said, you mean, "What's with the OTHER stuff"? I do believe he's right!

If you ever make it over to this part of the country, drop into a "Braum's" store, and get a half-gallon of skim milk. They've never used BHG growth hormone, and vacuum-process their skim milk to concentrate it. If you compare it to other brands, the other brands are so thin, they're a pale blue, while the stuff from Braum's is bright white.

Of course, I used to work for that company for 6 years.

It also helps that a gallon of 2% milk from them is $2.79/gallon, while the cheapest stuff from Wally-World is $3.50/gallon.

Thanks Allen!

Breezy - I bought the brand Horizon. I'll have to see what other brands are available around here. I never thought it would make THAT much difference - I was so surprised!!!!!

:) Ive been buying Horizon skim milk for a few years now and I also think it tastes rich another reason I buy it becauseis it has a long shelf life (ultra pastuerized)I always try to get the very freshest I can get.Its a 90 mile round trip for me to get anything so shelf life is important to me.

I bought some Vanilla Soy milk..haven't had the nerve to try it yet. I don't like milk so I thought I would use it with some sugar free chocolate instead of making coffee some morning.

Organic milk lasts a whole lot longer than the other stuff. It's great because in my house, we used to throw milk out because we couldn't go through it before its expiration date. Not a problem anymore!

Dove said:
I bought some Vanilla Soy milk..haven't had the nerve to try it yet. I don't like milk so I thought I would use it with some sugar free chocolate instead of making coffee some morning.

Vanilla soy is lovely! I also drink Almond milk, which I now prefer over soy.

:) Dove,the vanilla soy milk is really good on cereal or cookies etc.I also keep vanilla soy on hand I like the Silk brand.

Also for those of you who can get your hands on raw milk, I highly suggest it. Like nothing else out there. Granted, it does not last as long, but I only get in half gallons where I live and it can only be sold if you purchase it for animal consumption.

There are very few states where you can buy raw milk for human consumption and truth be told I am unsure which states it is. My girl fried is the one with that information.

:) Thats all we drank when I was a kid we would skim of alot of the cream first for butter or whipped cream.It was illegal then also but so good for you.Also when I was a kid in Germany I would be sent to get milk in our metal milk can sometimes it was still warm from the cow.

Back
Top Bottom