Whats in your omelette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet onions or green onions, crumbled american bacon or canadian bacon, roasted garlic, diced/seeded tomatoes and cheddar or jack cheese.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the traditional French style omelet. I tend to like mine 'taco' style where it's just folded over in half.

Onions, hasbrowns, green peppers, cheese, ham, sausage, bacon
A.K.A "The Manhandler"

Goodweed, I am soo glad that you said you like Velveeta. We like making grilled cheese sandwiches with it. (I'm outta the closet with that one, whew!)

Okay, I've tried just about everything listed here, except the tuna, or the corn, and I'll usually order either a Denver or Western omelette without onions, or ham and cheddar if I'm in a restaurant, but my all time favorite at home is Italian sausage, bell peppers (any color), and mozzarella, with a good portion of marinara ladeled over the top, and garlic toast to go with. But, when all is said and done, if I am making it at home, and I have the time, I prefer a traditional fritatta with the same ingredients, plus diced potato, over an omelette.

Oh where to start!?!
I can't ever fit enough in them!
Fried potatoes, caramelized onions and peppers, spinach, LOTS of cheddar or swiss cheese, sometimes both, pepper jack if I have some, ham, sauteed mushrooms, hmm I thought there was more.
I think I just figured out my dinner!

I too am in the 'what ever is in the fridge' camp.

Yesterday it was mushrooms, onion, diced pepperoni, thought about cheese.

Pretty much everything going into my omelet(s) is sautéd, I use carry over to finish cooking the egg. Consequently not many, or much of, those items with a high specific heat are used.

Salt and pepper, Tobasco or cayenne in a 'solo' omelet.

Acutally I made a frittata :chef: with 6 cheeses. Asagio, Romano, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Provolone and Fontinella. I do like my cheese .

Cheese is great with eggs! No way around it!

Anyone like a little wasabi with their omlettes? I'm finding it to be an exceptional pairing.

Actually never tried wasabi with an omelette! Never even thought of it!

Usally my omelettes have a combination of cheese (always!), smoked salmon or trout, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, pate and/or tuna. Not all at the same time you understand!! Really a bit of what I have leftover or open in the fridge at the time I am making it.

When I was a kid, I used to like adding tinned corned beef with cheese into the mix. Don't know what I think of the combo now but back then I thought it wonderful!

cheese, ham or sausage, or bacon. Parsley, or basil. I like all kinds of cheese, so it depends what I have in the fridge and in the mood for.
Also like red, yellow and orange peppers.
Sometimes a dab of cream cheese only.

Sweet onions or green onions, crumbled american bacon or canadian bacon, roasted garlic, diced/seeded tomatoes and cheddar or jack cheese.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the traditional French style omelet. I tend to like mine 'taco' style where it's just folded over in half.
I like just folded in half too, mostly because I put too much in the eggs :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom