Whats in your omelette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember when I was a child, we'd sometimes have pizza themed omelettes (or scambled eggs) with mozza, a dab of pizza sauce and perhaps some pepperoni or sauasage - quite good actually! :)

[FONT=&quot]Personally I love omelets and eat them at least once a week. I often use omelets to clear out my fridge of stray vegetables and breakfast meats (except sausage, I just can’t get into the texture of sausage and eggs together). Some of my favorites have been mentioned so I won’t repeat them, but my favorite omelet stuffer has not been listed. A spicy Pico de Gallo, heavy on the cilantro, can’t be beat in my opinion. Make it the night before and stuff in the omelet at the last minute. I prefer not to cook the tomatoes just get them slightly above room temperature. In my opinion Pico de Gallo goes better with eggs than fajitas. [/FONT]

Last edited:
There will always be cheese in the omelettes served at the mufin residence, usually parmesan, swiss or american, but occassionally cheddar. And, as others have mentioned, whatever happens to be laying in the fridge. Quite often I'll add peppers, onions, bacon, and/or ham; sometimes I'll even throw some chili over the omelette.

Regards,
mrmufin

Mine's whatever's in the fridge.

My favorite is spinach and any kind of cheese, preferable goat cheese. Or spinach and mushrooms.
This morning I had bell peppers, jalepenos, onions, and brie. It wasn't a very good combo.

I like a few canned asparagus spears, a meat (salmon, bacon or ham) and any kind of cheese I happen to have on hand.

Any more though, I usually just make a frittata instead. That way, everyone gets to eat at once, and the leftovers are good even right out of the fridge. I saw Giada making a frittata out of leftover spaghetti the other day, and it looked delicious.

Last edited:
egg, spicy sausage or ham, spinach, tomato, feta or goat cheese, mushroom.

or

quick crab imperial stuffing.

or

Crispy hashbrowns and onions, ham or thick bacon, green and red bell pepper, mushrooms, and cheese! yup, I am boring! I agree Constance, anything past what I listed turns into a frittata!

That's okay, I'm boring too! Good ol' fashioned ham and American cheese with onions, mushrooms and a few splashes of Tobasco here and there! Mmmm!

Had a lovely omelet several years ago made with chicken livers.

Had it in a diner.

Boy was it good.

Actually one of my favorite egg dishes is scrambled eggs with crumbled bacon, mushrooms, and spinach. I guess you could put that in an omelet.

Would probably add some cheese though.

We put cheese and bell peppers and spinach.

Oh the title makes me think of the Capital One commercials "What's in your wallet?"

Cameron

My pefect omlet is never flipped, but cooked gently until the egg is just set, and still moist, and tender. Of course, I rarely attain that perfect omelet.:rolleyes:

The perfect fillings for me include lightly sauteed celery, diced onion, lean breadfast sausage flavored with sage and red pepper, three slices of American or Swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms (very lightly browned), and seasoned with S&P, with corned beef hash on the side. Sometimes, I'll splash a bit of hot salsa over the top, or maybe some Tabasco Sauce.

The has is not something I can eat often, but once in a great while...

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Chicken livers, to die for.

But then again, not to change the topic please, I love anchovies on my pizza.

I had one yesterday for lunch,
Cubed potatoes, onion, mushroom, pablono pepper and asparagus:)
No cheese this time, I just wasn't in the mood.

my fave omelettes:

chorizo, green onion, queso, and hot sauce

taylor ham and american cheese

fresh tomatoes, a little spicy tomato sauce, and fresh basil

pastrami, raw onions, and cheese

evoo sauteed onion, peppers, and garlic

I love most types of omelettes but there's something to be said about a really good cheese omelette. Although it can get pricey, one of my favorite cheeses to use is Port Salut. Balance that with a little cheddar for some bite and you've got a really nice and simple cheese omelette:

I love most types of omelettes but there's something to be said about a really good cheese omelette. Although it can get pricey, one of my favorite cheeses to use is Port Salut. Balance that with a little cheddar for some bite and you've got a really nice and simple cheese omelette:

I know whatcha mean. But my cheeses would be either havarti and cheddar, or a good strong swiss and muenster.

I have to confess that Velveeta graces the inside of many of my omelets:blush:. What can i say? I honestly like the stuff.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom