Whats in your omelette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lugaru

Sous Chef
Nah, this isint some weird capitol one comercial... Im wondering what you guy's prefer in yours.

I just had a really awesome one.

The other day I went to super 88 and bought artificial crab and cream cheese for some crab rangoons... but here's an ironic thing... it didint taste like artificial crab (sweet) but much more like the real thing. That means I've got 3 pounds (cut into blocks) of stuff I can actually use in recipies to substitute crab.

Sooo...

Crab, chives, white pepper, sea salt and before folding in half a layer of flatened cream cheese.

Cheese! Just love cheese in mine! Be it cheddar, harvarti or parm - to me eggs and cheese go hand in hand! :mrgreen: I also really like bell peppers (combine them with cheese and you practically have a Denver sandwich minus the bread).

Cheese most definitely!! I have been known to put all kinds of different stuff in an omelet, just depends on what I have on hand and what I feel like adding.

My all time favorite is mushroom and swiss. Any kind of mushroom will do, but I love a combo of shiitake, oyster and cremini best. I can also sub out swiss for any other creamy, white cheese (fontina, havarti, provolone, muenster, etc.) or fresh parmesan.

I also like jalapenos or serrano chilies and onions in my eggs. Cheese is optional if I have them this way. But a good salsa is a must.

But I also love a simple scambled egg naked (salt and pepper don't count!).

:heart:
Z

Mmm... good to see so many cheese lovers. Im a big fan of using milder cheddars or swiss.

Btw any one ever put indian curry powder in an omelette? I did once and the result was sweet and savory... totally good.

some of my favourites...

1. grilled cubed potatoes with chopped scallion and garlic
2. smoked scamorza and smoked pancetta
3. buffalo mozzarella, diced tomatoes and basil leaf

Onions are a must.

Optional: garlic, potatoes, bell peppers, ham, bacon, cheese

Flavourings: pepper, salt, paprika, fresh chives

My favourite is a potato omelet with ham and chives.

Creamcheese is my number one favorite. I thought i was the only one. but I also use fancy cream cheeses as well. like salmon cream cheese or Snofrisk which is a Norweigian cream cheese and its made from goats milk. Boy is it good. and sometimes I like feta crumbled up. I usually don't mix my cheeses though.

Sometimes a nice big handful of fresh herbs is delicious on its own in an omelette. I like basil with eggs, chervil and parsley are good too.

onion, chinese pickled stuffz that i don't wut they are called, slices of beef, cilantro, rice, and cilantro carrots chinese red pepper sauce

Back
Top Bottom