"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

Windfall of Eggs

DW gave a friend whose car broke down, a ride to the grocers today. Instead of giving us gas money, she gave us a bag of eggs that she had gotten from her tribe comods program. It was a huge bag.

I looked up equivalent quantities and found that 3 tbs. beaten egg equals 1 egg, and that a pint equals 10 eggs. So I portioned out the eggs into pint zipper-freezer bags. I now have about 250 eggs going into the freezer. I think I'm good for beaten eggs for a while. I see lots of quick-breads, pancakes, custards, pastry creams, and all things made with eggs in my future. I might even make a souffle, or quiche, or maybe even some egg-drop soups. Lemon curd anyone? I'm also thinking French-Vanilla Ice cream. It might even be tie to try and make a Sacher Torte. And I;ll definitely need to make some egg noodles of various types.

Anyone have some really great recipes requiring eggs?

Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Cheese souffle uses eggs.

souffle for 2 uses 4 eggs
souffle for 3 (or maybe 4) uses 6
Old 04-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
Executive Chef

LOL... have the same problem Chief!

But mine are goose eggs - 1 egg = approx 3 (small ones = 2) large chicken eggs.
I don't want to sell them because I want the shells.
I can eat them cooked in something but not alone as scrambled/fried/omelette.

I have to whiz them up real good and weigh them out.

I collect the shells for decorating/carving/etc. So I typically blow them, save each in a snack size baggie. I also like to separate the whites and yolks and store them also in baggies. I put two yolks in a baggie and freeze it hanging over the edge of a container to keep them separate. (but not the whites, )
I have two laying geese. They lay an egg every other day. They started in Feb sometime and I expect they will go on probably til the end of May or so. That's a lot of eggs.

Tags
egg, eggs