Bami.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kali-Ann G

Assistant Cook
Jah bless all,

OK man, me refer to Bami in some other posts me make, so me decide post recipe for this also man.
Bami been eaten in Jamaica by the Arawaks for centuries long before slaves arrive there man. Arawaks are the native people.
Now two things you need to understand here, there two kind Cassava man sweet and bitter Cassava, bitter Cassava is toxic man we only use sweet for Bami. It a lot of work to make with fresh Cassava, so me use Cassava flour and it taste same. Me get Cassava flour from Amazon 1 kilo for £8.99 but it go a long way.

So we go man,

3 cup Cassava flour.
1 -2 teaspoons sea salt.
water.

OK so, put the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, mix in enough water so it make a stiff dough. Cover it and put aside for at least 30 minute.
Cut up the dough in equal portion, then roll them out man, them should be nice and round and about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat some butter and little oil in a frypan and cook til golden on each sides.
This optional but me do this, after me fry the Bami me soak in coconut milk for about five minute then refry them.

It traditional to serve Bami with Escovitch and fish but you can put with just about anything.

Jah bless

Kali-Ann

Back
Top Bottom