Black Bean and Salsa Bread??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
So I'm at the grocery store today and see "Black Bean and Salsa Bread" My question is how do you serve it? Whats it for? (toast, sandwiches?)

I haven't seen that, but, YUM, that 's sound good!! Did you get some? I would probably eat it with chili or toast it and spread some guacamole on it.

Sounds great, although I would wonder how long you could keep it with the high moisure content of the beans and salsa. That being said, I could definately make a chorizo sausage sandwich with that.

Sounds like a good bread for just being creative!
Personally I'd find a way to make a "mexican-ish" bruschetta......

We have trouble with that at work with "different" bagels.
They don't sell well because in the land of MN bland we get.......
"What do you put on that?"
WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!
I dont understand that question.

All these ideas sound great. Thanx. I did not buy it, but now that I have some ideas I'm going to. :chef:

(I thought about slicing it thin, putting it under the broiler for a bit then serving with some kind of sour cream based dip.)

I couldn't imagine a loaf of bread with whole beans in it - so I found this recipe for Black Bean and Salsa Bread ... and it makes a little more sense to me now.

Made with black bean flour (as a portion of the flour) and salsa. It's similar to the flour they use in France for French bread (part bean flour) and a bread I make with sun dried tomatoes, herbs, etc.

This would be good with chili, black bean soup, black beans and rice, stew, etc.

I bought a loaf and tried it with chili. I also just toasted it with butter. Both Yummy. I'm still gonna try the guacomle toast and the chorizo samich.

Thanks Micheal for the link. I'm going to try making my own now to.:chef:

Your welcome. And I dont know if you noticed but a nice guy named Micheal was kind enough to supply a link to recipe to make it home made. (a couple posts up) :chef:

Back
Top Bottom