Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crossx

Assistant Cook
Any ideas for a bread recipe withouot using wheat flour or yeast?
Sounds like a tall order but i've managed to make a small loaf without yeast but with wheat self raising flour. I need now to replace the wheat as my daughter is intolerant to yeast and wheat - G-d help us!!

Any ideas would be much appreeciated.

Many thanks for your reply.
It's the yeast free that's the problem!!

I apologize for totally missing that point! What a challenge. I'd suggest you also post this topic down in the breads section, because we do have quite a few folks down there who don't often jump in on our mindless prattles and pranks up here.

The only thing my limited mind would suggest is unleavened breads with non-wheat flours...variations from the world of flatbreads.

crossx, try a health food store or one that carries bulk dried items. I have seen several of them in my local store, flours made from barley, rice, soy, etc. Good luck.

kleenex said:

No wonder you use kleenex here?? :LOL: If you like the habaneros which I cannot even touch let alone eat, ever tried scotch bonnets???? I cannot even be in the same room with those things. Guess I am a wimp cause I like anaheim, pablano, pasilla peppers. Hot enough to know you are eating peppers but not so hot you need to get your mouth relined.

Back
Top Bottom