Bread Recipe change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roby

Assistant Cook
I did a bread recipe for Steakhouse Wheat Bread

and changed it from 1cup white and 1cup wheat to 1 34cp ea ant the same for all items in it it didn't turn out as good as the orignial smaller loaf willl it work or do some of the items in the recipe need to be changed?

Curious why you chose to reduce it by that relatively small amount; also, it's easier for us to troubleshoot if you include the entire recipe. What didn't turn out?

My mistake it should have been from 1 cup to 1 and 3/4 cups of flour ea.

No, I understood that. You reduced each by 1/4 cup. Why? The end result isn't very much less, but you know the recipe works with the original amounts.

The recipe went from 1 cup of each to 1 3/4 so from 2 cups of flour to 3 1/2 cups and I made all Ingredients to match the same increase.

I did a bread recipe for Steakhouse Wheat Bread

and changed it from 1cup white and 1cup wheat to 1 34cp ea ant the same for all items in it it didn't turn out as good as the orignial smaller loaf willl it work or do some of the items in the recipe need to be changed?
What Andy said. You really need to use a scale if you want to do that and work with baker's percentages. And, it is the difference between how the gluten responds to humidity in the AP and the ww. You have to adjust the humidity. Baker's percentage
(pulling this out of my grey matter) for a white bread is 67%. You need at least 70% humidity when you swap in ww if you want the loaf to be similar to what it is when you use AP. It also depends on the source of your flour. If you don't have one, buy a kitchen scale.

Last edited:
If a recipe calls for 1 cup of flour and 1 tsp of yeast and I want to make it with 3 cups would the yeast be 3 tsp?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom