Coconut/Almond Flours and Bread Machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drhiii

Assistant Cook
Help... I have been scouring the internet for a recipe that focusses on Coconut and/or almond flour. I do not want any wheat, need gluten free, and am just trying to find a good recipe that works in a bread machine that centers on coconut or almond, or both. Believe it or not, I am not really finding much that doesn't require alteration to the recipe and I'd really like to find something that is tried and true, and away from gluten, wheat flour, etc etc etc.

Help anyone???

Help... I have been scouring the internet for a recipe that focusses on Coconut and/or almond flour. I do not want any wheat, need gluten free, and am just trying to find a good recipe that works in a bread machine that centers on coconut or almond, or both. Believe it or not, I am not really finding much that doesn't require alteration to the recipe and I'd really like to find something that is tried and true, and away from gluten, wheat flour, etc etc etc.

Help anyone???

I'm no expert but I have uses both flours. They are more for cakes or breads that are soft like Banana bread. I don't think it will work in a bread machine that is designed to knead, create gluten, rise, etc. I would make it in a regular loaf pan.

I don't have a recipe for the bread machine using almond flour, but Bob's Red Mill (the brand of almond flour I buy) also makes a gluten free all purpose flour. Here is a recipe for the bread machine using that flour.

Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods :: Healthy :: Whole Grain

I have not tried it, because I don't have a bread machine, but I bet it would work well.

Hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom