Corn or flour tortillas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
I am curious if people like corn or flour tortillas more. I like flour tortillas , but my mom always buys corn, because she only likes corn tortillas. So it got me thinking if people have a prefernce or like both of them equally.

Flour for burritos, quesidillas, and buttering and munching on; corn for my homemade tacos. I actually make my meat from a roast, shred the beef and then put the beef in two corn tortillas and deep fry them.

I like both - for different purposes. Flour for quesadillas, burritos, fajitas, chimichangas, and wrap sandwiches. Corn for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, buttered and rolled like bread with salsa, and everything else.

I like both - for different purposes. Flour for quesadillas, burritos, fajitas, chimichangas, and wrap sandwiches. Corn for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, buttered and rolled like bread with salsa, and everything else.
I agree, Mike. I like them both, but it really depends what your are making. I just went to try a new Mexican restaurant and they served flour cheese and onion enchiladas. It just wasn't right. Enchiladas taste better with corn tortillas, for instance.

I asked the waiter, and he said I could order corn tortillas, but they would take longer. :LOL:

And I love my tacos with hard corn tortillas. Burritos: gotabe flour!

Happy cooking and eating Mexican food, my favorite cuisine of all - the hotter the better! :)

I have to agree with Michael FtW. I like them both, just depends on the purpose.

I like freshly made corn tortillas. We are lucky we have a tortilla factory around the corner from our house. Although the "fresh" flour tortillas you buy at CostCo & have to cook are good too. I do not eat the prepared & packaged tortillas at the grocery store, yuck!

My favorite is the flour, I like to cut them for chips and deep fry them or take one load it up with pepper jack cheese, nuke til the cheese melts yummy but I like the corn for tacos and enchiladas..So both are used here
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom