First REAL loaf of bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BenM

Assistant Cook
We have messed around with Amish bread, friendship breads and a few other simple breads over time, but this was my first real go at making a loaf of bread. I was inspired by the pastries I had in France just a few weeks ago and instead of starting with the intricate work, I thought I would start with properly making a loaf of bread.

For my first loaf, I am very impressed. It is moist and tasty! Courtesy of aBreaducation | Your first loaf: an Easy Loaf Bread Recipe

bread.jpg

I did let it cool. I actually didn't read ALL of the timing instructions when I started out.... so I finished a bit late. 11:30 to be exact. The next morning, however, we cut it open!

Good, job still and, I hope, you're proud of your accomplishment.

I've been making all our bread products for far too many years to count and, once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder why you thought it so challenging.

I could make a meal out of fresh-from-the-oven bread.

Nice loaf Ben! I have made bread since I was a child, and it is a skill that is passed on from generation to generation in our family. My oldest grandson is seven, and will need to get a lesson soon. Enjoy your bread baking, and don't be afraid to step out of your box and try some other flours too. :)

Looks great, BenM! Nice link too, I'm off take a better looksee around that place. =)

Last edited:
I am jealous of those who can bake. I can cook, but I would never claim to be a pastry chef or baker.
Nice job Ben.

I love baking .. most always pretty successful but darned sure still have a lot to learn. Now decorating things like cookies and cakes .. not gonna happen !

Last edited:
baking is excellent for control freaks. I get to micro manage each step of the recipe and I'm rewarded with perfection, or near perfection almost every time!

I love baking .. most always pretty successful but darned sure still have a lot to learn. Now decorating things like cookies and cakes .. not gonna happen !

I am actually afraid of my pastry bag. I have all the tips and everything necessary. One more thing I need to conquer. :angel:

Don't take your eyes off them, they bite.

I know what the problem is. I hate the waste of what is not squeezed out. I hate waste of any kind. I really need to get over it.

Well, the pie is finally in the oven. Just have to wait until it is halfway done for the second egg wash. With what pie crust was left over, I cut out tiny Christmas trees and placed them around the edge. :angel:

I know what the problem is. I hate the waste of what is not squeezed out. I hate waste of any kind. I really need to get over it.

Well, the pie is finally in the oven. Just have to wait until it is halfway done for the second egg wash. With what pie crust was left over, I cut out tiny Christmas trees and placed them around the edge. :angel:

All you need to do is run a bench scraper down the bag while it's on a flat surface, you'll be amazed how well that works!

Aren't they great? I wouldn't be without them, I have both metal and plastic!

I have had mine since the 80's. When I am cleaning my counters and there is something stuck that a wet sponge just won't work, I grab my bench scraper. Cleans the counter right down to the bare. Although I have rubber spatulas, I want to get a rounded edge hand held bowl scraper. Those really clean the bowl right down to clean. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom